Fear of Stomach cancer

Posted , 6 users are following.

I suddenly had an appetite loss since last week and it is scaring me to hell as i have read that stomach cancer also causes this.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

do you have any other symptoms? loss of appetite can literally mean 100s of things

• Posted

No Sir currently not any other symptoms just a mild abdominal pain for which my GP prescribed Pantosec DSR tablet and a vitamin b complex syrup for appetite. I just feel scared especially when I read stories of young people also getting this.

• Posted

good morning , how are you feeling today ?

hopefully you have a bug and it will get better within a week or so. I would watch and wait this next week unless other symptoms occur. may I ask what your bowel habits are like? daily , loose , constipated etc

• Posted

Sir my bowel habits are normal. i.e. daily

• Posted

well that's a good sign I believe . try keep a diary every day for yourself, log when you eat and what you eat and drink and if and when you get pain and then when you have a bowel movement, writing down if it was painful or loose stools etc. This will also help your doctor if you still have the same fears in a week or two then go back with a little diary .

• Posted

Sir actually my appetite is not completely loss but is less than what usually it was previous week. and the abdominal pain is very little which comes for few seconds and then again normal for longer.

• Posted

Also when we have not eaten for days the tummy will shrink, this in turn makes us less hungry and more full up quicker .

try some soups to tempt your tummy and appetite , it will also help keep up your energy that you , watery fruits are good too ,melon grapes oranges , ice cream even will help 😃

• Posted

Yes sir it is so kind of yours to give some calming suggestions. I was living in such distress that I would cry out daily whenever this thought came in my mind. my mother is also undergoing chemo for breast cancer treatment. Yesterday I went to my gp and he gave me pantosec tablet and a vitamin b complex syrup to improve my appetite. But you know this fear doesn't let be comfortable.

• Posted

ah ok , that make sense , the fact your mum is currently fighting cancer has made your alarm bells ring. i fully understand , my dad this year had aggressive non hodgkins lymphoma , it had spread everywhere , stomach was main isuue. this is why i asked you what your bowel habits were like. honestly i feel your fear. stress is likely the cause of your problems but still keep that diary in case your symptoms get worse or dont stop.

i hooe your mum is coping well.. mums are strong !!!

• Posted

But yes sincerely i am very much grateful to everyone there for atleast being a helpful friend.🤗

• Posted

Don't google your symptoms; you will cause anxiety! Instead, think of simple causes such as stress, a stomach upset or bug. Worrying about your symptoms can cause you to loose appetite Have you eaten something that disagreed with you or was off? Appetite loss can be caused many many things and they are not all serious.

• Posted

yes pippa58442 actually appetite is kind of like weird. Sometimes especially in the morning I don't feel that much hungry that i used to previous week but sometimes i feel hungry even after eating which kinda feels funny😕. btw are you from india?

• Posted

No I'm from the UK. Appetite can fluctuate even for non serious reasons too.

• Posted

yeah this is happening since past week. Many a times i feel so hungry that time i think there is no issue but sometimes in morning when can't feel hungry for a long the fear again comes in. I would wait and see for few days if it gets better. my gp has prescribed me Becotin( a vitamin B complex syrup) as an appetizer. But i fear that it will make me hungry unnaturally and i wouldn't be able to find if my appetite has really improved.

• Posted

Maybe if you stop concentrating on your appetite, you will suddenly find that it comes back.Fear could be causing these symptoms .Try the vitamin B complex to see if it helps. If does, that's a good thing. You won't know whether it works unless you try it. You will be able to find out if your appetite has really come back if you stop the medication for a few days to see what happens. You talk a lot about your fear and anxiety; I think that is your problem. Try distraction techniques such as light exercise which can help to increase your appetite and relax you. Fresh air is very good for that. Try relaxation therapy too and go out with friends and have some fun.

• Posted

Yes mate i would surely try that. Will look for some days if some improvement seen. Thanks again for the help.

• Posted

Buddy Now I am starting feeling depressed. after 8 days of my problem i went to my physician 4 days ago and he prescribed liv. 52, a liver enhancer but after taking 4 days still problem is same as it is. He advised to take it for 10 days and after that have a Liver function test if no improvement. I am worried that this may cause more delay.

• Posted

Take the medication for 10 days as your doctor suggested. Some medications take time to work so you shouldn't worry. You cannot do anything about the time it takes to get a diagnosis because your doctor will need that time to try out different things. A diagnosis cannot be rushed because that's how things can be missed. Remember that the tests your doctor is suggesting may help with uncovering your problem so it is crucial to go along with this. Not having these tests will also cause a delay. Worry will not tell you what your problem is, nor will it treat or cure it. One thing is certain; worrying will make you feel worse.

I had to wait three and a half months for diagnosis and I had to put up with painful tests and inconclusive results with no hope of a solution. I worried terribly all day, every day, but no matter how much I worried, it didn't speed up my test results, give me any answers or speed up waiting times to see a doctor. All it did was worsen my symptoms. I simply had stay with the long process of diagnosis and accept that my doctors were doing everything they could. The most I could do was to see as many doctors as possible even though I was in despair.

Try relaxation therapy to take your mind off your health while you wait. That's the very best you can do at this time and you can only do your best. Try to keep faith with your doctor and tell yourself that in the end you will get help even if it doesn't happen within the time frame you want. I wanted an immediate diagnosis in my time frame and when it didn't happen, I turned to despair. Your diagnosis and treatment will happen in your doctor's time frame. Once you learn to accept that, hopefully it may ease your mind.

Worry seems to be playing a large part in your life and controlling your day to day activities. The first thing to do is to try and get to grips with your anxiety first of all.

• Posted

Hoping for the best

• Posted

Hello Buddy hope you are doing well. My appetite is now improving well. But for past 5 days i am having daily heartburn and reflux. This acidity problem was there from the past 5-6 months but every month it used to occur only once or twice a month. This is first time it is occurring daily. I take antacid for it but not much benefit. Very frustrated now why this is happening. Maybe it could be because previous week was festive week and i was binge eating spicy kind of foods. But still I am very frustrated and worried.

• Posted

Avoid spicy foods and keep up the antacids. Stick to a bland diet.Anxiety makes gut problems worse so try to stay calm.. I often have daily heartburn but I don't stress about it. I take antacids and milk which help a lot.My symptoms are under control. Ask your doctor for a stronger antacid or a higher dose. Try to get help for your anxiety. It's good that your appetite is improving.

• Posted

Yeah buddy the problem is itself not much problematic but the fact that it can cause real serious health issues.

• Posted

You shouldn't worry about what might happen because it hasn't yet taken place and may never occur.. Simply treat your heartburn with antacids and avoid spicy foods. Only concentrate on the problem you know you have, not on the unknown. Get help for your anxiety. These are your known problems that you need to deal with at the moment. Try a food diary to identify problem foods. I treat my reflux without worrying about what my chronic heartburn may lead to .

• Posted

Hey Buddy hope you doing good. My appetite is still the same although I felt that it is becoming better for few days. I am in the same condition now. The same abdominal pain which occurs for few days and then again normal for many days and the intermittent acid reflux. Physician has advised to take meds for this month also and then have Endoscopy. Now I am getting nervous. Is there any one who has gone through same symptoms and it was not a major problem. the C word is still haunting me.

• Posted

Try not to concentrate on serious causes; worrying can aggravate gut problems. Many people worry about their abdominal pain being serious when in fact it is a much simpler, treatable and even curable condition. Follow the treatment regimen your doctor has advised and only focus on that. You could have gastritis which can cause huge anxiety along with the gut symptoms you are experiencing. An endoscopy can detect gastritis. Lack of appetite can be triggered by anxiety.

Take one step at at time and try not to overthink things. Speak to your doctor about the extent of your anxiety, write down everything that is worrying you healthwise and ask your doctor to disprove your concerns one by one. This strategy worked for me. Your doctor will reassure you and can give you natural techniques to ease your anxiety such as distraction techniques and relaxation therapy. You can get relaxation apps on your phone/computer. Try to concentrate on things you enjoy.

I had the same worries about my abdominal pain but my anxiety did not help me; it made me worse. No one could advise me which fuelled my anxiety, Only one doctor could help and I decided to trust him and believe what he told me. Once I did that, my anxiety went away and so did my abdominal pain, nausea and bowel habit change.

Remember, you have taken the first step to getting better by seeing your doctor. Your doctor is the expert so trust your doctor to help you. Try a bland diet and avoid anything rich, spicy or fatty and try a food diary. Try all of these techniques I have mentioned; this is the very best you can do at the moment. You cannot do more than your best; your doctor will do the rest.

Get help especially for your anxiety since this seems to be one of your main symptoms. Don't concentrate on other people's symptoms because everyone is different and comparing symptoms will only add to your worries.

• Posted

Yes Buddy thank you. I always get much better when you give your soothing advice.

• Posted

Good morning sir

I have been having dark brown stools since 2 days. Its somewhat normal and somewhat greasy. I had chocolate syrup drink a day before yesterday. Could it be a cause of this. I am little bit worried. When i was washing it looked somewhat brown and green mixed.

• Posted

Stools can change in response to your diet. This is is normal. It sounds like there is a link with the dark chocolate syrup you had and the colour of your stools. Try not to examine your stools all the time ; they can come in all shapes, colours and sizes. Exclude this drink from your diet for a few days to see if your stools change. Get help for your anxiety.

• Posted

Yes sir i wouldn't have be worried if it had happened earlier also. But first time it has happened on drinking it. God knows. Anyways i will avoid the choco syrup for 2-3 days and would see if color return to normal.

• Posted

Umm.... i hope you don't mind. Sir are you a medical practitioner or someone. You give your advice to many feared people.

• Posted

I don't have any medical knowledge; I am a writer. I simply pick up knowledge from other people's conditions and I google basic info for people on their health problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.