Fecal transplant side effects?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i had a fecal transplant last Thursday for recurring c diff. The doctor said everything went good and he saw no issues in my colons .  Over the weekend I had bad cramping and gass that has seemed to have gone away. But I still am super nauseous and have no appetite it feels like I want to puke and I’m forcing fluids and food down my throat . Since the transplant I have been taking my acid reflux medication in the morning and at night but that isn’t helping. I also have not had a fever because I have been checking everyday. I’m so worried I might have caught somthing from the donor and I keep thinking that everything is going to get worse. Last night I woke up with a upset stomach and had diarrhea I have now had 5 bowel movements since then. I know my doctor said it would be irregular for 7 to 10 days but idk if this is considered ok. My girlfriend is sick of my constant working and says I’m prinoid but this is how I feel. I’m just so worried I’m gonna get worse and never be able to eat or drink. I also take align probiotics everyday and nothing is helping me. I’m super stressed and idc if this is causing some of my symptoms as well it’s verry depressing. Please help and advice will be helpful.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ring or go to Er just to put your mind at rest best be sure ok xxxxxx

Im a Mum youd be there that fast your bum wouldnt have touched the ground

Thats Mums jobs xxxxx

• Posted

You don't come here for this. You call the doctor immediately when you start having problems post surgery. Call the doctor who did your surgery like RIGHT NOW. 

• Posted

I called the doctor he said that this is normal I’ll have irregular bowl movements for up to 7 days and he gave me zofran for the nausea and said as long as I don’t have a fever or I’m puking it should pass on it’s on. That’s why I came here
  • Posted

I hate to say this but FMT doesn’t always work, you need to see a doctor ASAP. C Diff is a killer, if you let it go too long it can lead to sepsis or total destructiong of the colon. I don’t want to make you panic, but your doctor is being dismissive. Call them again or go to the ER!!!
  • Posted

So I went to the er and they said that all my blood work was fine and all my vitals were fine as well they said that they also think it’s me recovering still. I also went for a follow up with my pcp and they said the same. But I’m still feeling bloated and have cramping also have some brian fog. At this point i don’t know what else to do I feel like it’s never gonna fully go away only thing that is better is my stools are solid

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.