Fed, fed, fed up.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been waiting to go for my second TKR since August last year. Had first done in April that year. The waiting is really getting me down. I keep ringing the hospital but all I get is you are on the list. I cant make any plans. Sorry for moaning but I know all my friends on here will have some advice.    

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

That's horrible . . and then probably they'll give you a couple of days' notice when they are ready for you!  You are very brave to be going back ffor a second one but I imagine that when the pain in the knee gets really bad, you have to do it!  Hope they get around to it soon.  Most people I've spoken to say the second one is easier!  I suppose it's partly because you know the ropes, what to expect, how to approach things . . .best of luck, and keep phoning them until they are sick and tired of you!!!!

• Posted

Tell them you will take a cancellation even at a days notice. That should help
  • Posted

I was so lucky I used the choose and book scheme and picked a private hospital to have my op in and literally picked the day I wanted...It was like a 5 star hotel all paid for by NHS...worth it I must admit...hope you get date through soon
    • Posted

I had mine done in a private hospital 1st class & excellant physio
    • Posted

Mine was a private hospital too here in Tenerife. . Can't say the service was good at all . . no physio until the third day, they didn't even make the bed until Monday when the operation was on a Friday . . they had no ice packs, only blocks, and when I asked for that they said I had to have the doctor's permission, and he wouldn't be in until the next day. Suffered cistitis for three days before they called a urologist, and by the third day pain control was four 500 mg paracetamols a day.  I wouldn't go back in there for all the tea in china!  Kept me in for eleven days though . . I wonder why!  could it be for the money????
    • Posted

Physio saw me before op Then every day until discharge, !st day getting out of bed & standing on crutches From 2nd day walking 3rd day stairs & I was discharged on 5th day. Bed changed ddaily room imaculate and the food superb. TV only had 4 chanels not good
  • Posted

Don't apologise for moaning!  You need to get things off your chest!

Sorry, I don't know where you live.  Our hospital aims to have you in within 18 weeks of being put on a waiting list.  I thought this was the case everywhere. When I had my second TKR my initial date was not convenient and I was worried about postponing it - It all worked out well as I got another date which was less than two weeks later.

Have you asked them how near the top of the list you are?

• Posted

I live in Oldham and am going into a private hospital in Rochdale. When I phoned today the consultants secretary said she would definitely speak to him tonight. But when I asked her if she knew when I would be going in she said sorry no. 
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that. Did you have your other knee replaced at the same hospital?  I always thought that you got seen to faster in private hospitals.  I had mine done in a NHS hospital - the biggest problem they had was trying to meet the 3/5 day target discharging patients.

• Posted

Yes I had it done in the same hospital. Wish I had opted for any hospital now although the hospital itself was first class. Just want to get it done now.I keep thinking every phone call is going to be them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.