fed up!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone else with RA get annoyed very easly. At my last appointment I found my self being unceserly cheeky with the doctor when he tryed to explain to me that I had tendinites acttualy snapped right in his face well isnt that just f***g wonderfull i was horrified with my self and was mortified but I am finding it all a bit much to deal with atm I have spken to friends and family and they are now very helpfull and suportive but this constant being poked and proded having blood taken every two weeks the side effects of every medication never mind the weight gain from steriods has really gotten me down now. Did anyone else feel angry all the time when being dignosed young im only 23 and feel this is what my life is going to be like forever or am i being totally unresble

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I'm sorry you have to deal with all this at such a young age. I sincerily think your moods may be like this because not only is this what happens on steroids (prednisine) because it affects our adrenal glands which regulate all the hormones in our body, but also you are probably not resting at night well when you sleep, due to the steroids, or due to your adrenal glands being fatiqued/exhausted. We need between 10 1/2 -12 hrs of good sleep each night with RA for our bodies to be able to function at its best and to be able to manage our pain adequately. If any of these things are affected, because we aren't feeling good, this definitely makes us feel upset, edgy, angry, out of sorts, unstable and miserable with our emotions out of control. We just feel so awful and we hurt. What medicines are you on at this time with mg...and why is your blood being taken every two weeks? Do you take a good multi vitamin, fish oil capsules, calcium with D3 and magnesium glycinate, and do you hav any other medical conditions? How do you usually deal with stress and what is your lifestyle like?
  • Posted

I can imagine it is especailly hard to be stricken with this so young.

But it will change. It just takes time and trial and error, and that's why they take so many tests at the start of your treatment. Their job is to find the balance between the right dosage that will help you, the drug that will fit with you with the fewer side effects.

I know it doesn't feel like that, but they are really trying to take care of you. It makes you fed up, sure, but see if you can understand that annoying though it is, in the long run you will feel better and then you'll be grateful.

I imagine a doctor can take a few harsh words from a 23-year-old, but there's never any harm in apologising if you feel bad about what you said. Tell her that everything makes you on edge and she'll understand.

Cheria, below, is right...we do need more sleep with this disease. When I'm in a flare I get massively fatigued only two hours after getting up in the morning and immediately have to lie down.

Enlist the support and love of your friends and family, as you are doing, and you'll find your way through this and be more at ease about it.

If possible, take one of them with you on your next appointment. It'll soften things and make it easier for you to ask questions.

It will also help that person understand better what you're going through.

• Posted

Hello

Im sorry u have this at such a young age. Im 43 and angry that I have it so I cannot imagine how u must feel.

I think it is the steroids. Im usually a very mild mannered person but since the steroids its like my personality has changed. Oddly enough its only sometimes. I had a meeting with my boss about returning to work. After I left I was mortified. I was rude, demanding and disrespectful to him and other colleagues. Thats not me.

I still haven't got my head around whats happening yet but I hope I calm down soon.

You take care. X x

• Posted

I dont think its your age Tina as I'm alot older and I get huffy with the different doctors thou I don't swear at them.It annoys me when you have to repeat everything about yourself to them when its already in your notes.I am a bit cheeky too when before I would just sit there. Worse I am awful at times to my lovely husband who has the patient of a saint with me and can't do enough too.I also find myself swearing and shouting at myself at how I hate my body now it has changed in shape.I am always crying in pain and frustration of being trapped in this disease.

You can only apologise and try to make people understand that it is not the real you.I wish you well and you like myself will someday be able to stop taking the steroids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.