Posted , 6 users are following.
I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst back in March. At that time it was 8cm. Following an MRI in June I was advised it had grown to 10cm and needed to be removed. I was told the wait was around 2 months and so I consented to a laporoscopy, laparotomy and a hysteroscopy (for polyp). Since speaking to booking team was told op wouldn't be 2 months (sept) instead I was looking at end October/beginning Nov. Spoke to booking office again today to now be told I'm looking at end of year.
I have been pre opped and am on standby for a cancellation but have been told it's unlikely. There are people ahead of me who haven't been on the list yet who consented back in Feb.
My problem lies in that I'm self employed doing a physical job and am now stuck in no mans land unable to take on work/reach my earning potential and am getting really stressed.
Spoke to consultants secretary this afternoon and have requested another scan to see if cyst has grown again and also to have a chat to consultant re the risks if I don't have the surgery.
So basically just looking for somewhere to vent! And get some moral support and other people's stories.
I have mild discomfort, bowl issues, am bloated, long and heavy periods, some pelvic pain etc but I work with horses and also compete them so the 3 month recovery plus this waiting for a date is really affecting me work wise.
0 likes, 6 replies