Fed up!

Posted , 3 users are following.

9 weeks post op, still having discomfort, due to see GP today with a view to returning to work on monday. Still having some issues though. Scar is very sensitive, cant wear shoes without a sock although have purchased some silicone gel strips which stop the rubbing but dont seem to be making any difference to sensitivity. Folloed instruction from physio to try and desensitise but again no difference. Drove to far on sunday and still suffering today (thursday) so fed up. Sore under foot and second toe is throbbing. Sorry, fed up of complaining but oh boy does it get you down.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I was eight week post op, this past Friday. The doctor wanted my to continue to stay off the foot he did a toe fusion on, until June 26th. A couple weeks ago I parted company from him. I know I have done some damage to the knee on the foot I was hoping around on crutches with. In the process of trying to straighten my big toe, now I have knee damage. I don’t even want to think who would have happened to that leg if I had taken the doctor’s advice and stayed off the foot till June 26th. What kind of “hatred” does this doctor have for me, and why? I even ran out of medication at 14 days, a told him I was in horrible pain still, and he wouldn’t give me more medication! What a b*****d! Trust me, I’m not too happy myself over here. Anyway, here’s to us. May we start feeling better soon.
  • Posted

Okay, Gail. I had my op on both feet approx 4 years ago. To be frank, the recovery can take up to 6 months to a year and as for wearing shoes without socks, forget it. I bought some really soft shoes which were not pretty but oh, so comfy. You will need to put your feet up, especially at the end of the day and don't do so much. I know it's ultra frustrating but worth it in the end. So stop being so active and behave.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.