Fed up!

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all - i am a bit better after 9 weeks on cit second time (6 and half on 20) but im still getting so many physical symptoms which are hampering my recovery. my anxiety isnt as bad most of the time but im still getting IBS (had that for a while), shortness of breath, muscle aches, headaches etc. Every time i get one of those and its bad it makes me feel really anxious. Just wish i could be pragmatic about that stuff instead of flipping out!! Will the citalopram eventually help with that? thanks for support everyone

it just feels like every day a new thing is sent to try me. last night it was shortness of breath, this morning its upset stomach. cant i just have a break?!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

awwwww I feel your painnnnmm! I am having a shocker few days.....nausea, panic, depression, dissociation, endless crying......

It will all go eventually.......It is the absolute hardest thing and you are super brave

• Posted

oh Lou thats such a bummer that you are having such a crap few days - it will just be a blip - im sure its all to do with your hormones. I think you are super brave for coping with this for 6 months!! i just wish the physical synptoms would go away or that i could stop panicking about them - the breath is the worst and it makes me feel very depressed - hence feeling depressed and tired today.

• Posted

hi lou are you feeling any better? im totally with you - im now having a major blip/relapse too - fatigue, depression, insomnia, anxiety, breathlessness and negative thoughts. thought i was getting better last week and now this. like you feel back to square one. im trying to focus in the fact that Katiecogs says that this is all part of recovery but its hard isnt it? ive been crying bucketloads this morning. Sending you hugs x

• Posted

I have picked up this evening but had to ring my boss today and tell him Im not fit for work tmrw. I don't want to go in and have a really negative experience. Its crazy how different I can feel by evening time. I eat and am relaxed and all the symptoms lift. If only I could bottle this sensation of normality and take a spoonful every morning. I emailed my psychiatrist for advice, genuinely think we all know more about this process than they do. Have you got diazapam? take one and give your mind and body a break. I definitely will be tmrw xxx big hugs xxx

• Posted

thanks Lou. Yes i am on lorazepam still - taking 0.5 dose once a day in the morning, it definately has helped. yes most evenings i am ok too but not last night. what does your psychiatrist say about the blips? i havent gone to work today either - feeling too fragile.

• Posted

it will pass last time I had side effects about 3 months when I was on cit.

I am 7 weeks in and still having horrible headaches, and bad stomach (literally almost crapped myself this morning had to run to the toilet) also muscle twitching. but it will pass I try not to let it affect me too much as I know it will go. just give it more time it will start to go away slowly and you wont even notice before you are back to normal.

• Posted

i had muscle twitching and doing those big jumps out of a sleep......stress overload. definitely taking 1/4 diazapam later

• Posted

thats just dose change, i get it all the time withdrawing its no big deal

• Posted

Im just feeling very sorry for myself today......Its been sooooo long being this way......I am scared its not working for me...

• Posted

thanks lala - wish i could be as positive as you. really worrying about this breath thing now and thinking its something serious. Also got crippling fatigue now too. do you have that? the physical anxiety has lessened but still have lots of worrying thoughts and seem to be having another relapse/blip - depression anxiety and fatigue last night, couldnt get to sleep then awake for 2 hours in the night, then anxious and cried bucketloads this morning. So much for thinking i was getting better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.