Fed up

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is my second week taking these I have a lot of weight to lose at least 8 stone and have stuck rigidly to 1500 cals and low fat and havent lost an ounce. I genrally lose weight very slowly but to lose nothing at all is disheartning. I havent had any of the nasty side effects at all with the pills am I doing something wrong? did it take anyone else time before they started losing. Quite honestly I would of lost the same or more without the pills and just eating low fat

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear :? I really feel for you, I have 6 stone to lose and if you think about the whole lot at once it will seem like a huge mountain to climb. Have you tried excercising at all? Even just a 20 minute walk 3 or 4 times a week could make all the difference. I have joined a gym with a pool so that I can swim a couple of times a week. I do think peoples bodies try to cling to the fat before it lets go of it and it certainly doesn't come off in regular amounts (I know this through past experience).

The fact that you have managed to stick to the 1500 cals a day is really positive, if you can keep this up the weight will have to shift eventually. As far as the pills are concerned my jury is out on them, they stop you digesting the fat but if your meals are low fat anyway then I cant see it making an awful lot of difference.. perhaps more of a deterant to eating the greasy stuff.

Try and stick to it and measure your weight loss over a whole month as opposed to a week as I think that the body cycle over the month affects what the scales say from week to week.

Keep up the good work and Im sure you will see a difference

Good luck

• Posted

Oh dear....sorry to hear that....if you have all that to lose one would have thought some of it would have shifted in the first week. I would continue to do what you've done, drink lots of water, less calories might be a help...but just a little less, don't starve yourself....and some exercise if at all possible. You may not have lost weight but lots of us feel a lot better after a week and sometimes our body changes even though we don't lose at all. Don't lose heart....at least you didn't gain anything.
  • Posted

Hi there Traceygl

I also feel for you but I want you to know you are not alone!!! Everyone here needs to lose weight some more than others but none of us find it easy. One thing that popped into my mind when I read your post was your thyroid. Have you had your thyroid levels checked by your G.P. Some people apparently are overweight because they have an underactive thyroid and until it is treated they continue to struggle to lose any weight. An underactive thyroid slows down your metabolism and makes you feel sluggish, constipated, tired and overweight. It might be worth your while asking your G.P. for a test if you havent done so already. Its worth ruling out.

Best wishes

Buddhabelly xx

• Posted

Yes I have had my thyroid levels checked several times and they have been ok /borderline once

The doctors seem to think I just have a very slow metabolism which is why i lose weight so slowly I was hoping the pills would give that a boost but so far no luck sad

• Posted

hi ive been on orlistat now for 5 months now i have lost two stone but im now stuck it wont move it took nearly 3 weeks before anything happened with me u will know when it happens trust me dont loose faith when it starts to work u will see some difference ive got another 5st to loose if my weight starts to move again downwards instead of up

good luck and be patient :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.