Fed up

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am so sick and tired of this illness !

I've been fighting for months now ( this bout ) and feel like little or no progress has been made ! 

I take my meds go to my counceling and try to remain positive yet to no avail, I am still self sabotaging with alcohol, not every day but as soon as I wake up I just want to " check out " so out comes the bottle so I can drink myself to oblivian and pass out and on the days I don't drink I still don't move off the sofa and it's a good day if I shower !! Urgh just sick to death ! 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Hey crazycat, sorry you are feeling like that i know it sucks!

I recently finally managed to get down to a healthy weight and then lost half a stone because of something and have got back into my old habbits of just eating to take my mind off things, maybe not the same as you but it helps. Do you have bouts of depression that come and go within a few months instantly? xx

• Posted

It can just come and go like that but more often than not it creeps in incidiously over months then grips tightly until it's had enough ! Go you for losing weight, I too struggle with weight issues as put on 2 stone this past few months, move very little, no motivation to ! 

It's just so flipping frustrating ! 

Thank you for replying 

• Posted

Yeah i have started to put weight on again now because i have been pretty bad the past few weeks just laying in bed all day, putting clothes on and going downstairs other than to get food is a good day at the minute..

Sorry to hear that aswell, is it triggered by anything or just creep up over little things maybe that build up until it just gets a bit too much? xx

• Posted

Sorry to hear that jake you just got to keep fighting ! 

Depression is an awful illness and seems to do what it wants when it wants and I just have to go along for the ride as it were, yes there have been a few triggers this time but not always the case 

• Posted

Yeah i just hope one day i can wake up and be truly happy with myself and just be able to live for once, i don't ask for much, i don't expect the perfect life.. Just a happiness x

Personally coming here and replying or talking to someone helps me so much, i hope you can beat this aswell and be happy x

• Posted

Just a bit of happiness*
    • Posted

Ditto, it's the simple things you appreciate when you're like this ! Happiness seems so impossibly far away, I would settle for a anxiety free day at the moment !

Yes I agree being on this forum is so very helpful as you feel less alone and I'm grateful to everyone that takes the time to chat

Hope you can beat this illness too and find some happiness too x 

• Posted

I can't thank some people enough who i have met on here for what they have done for me since i joined. Dont mention it i love talking to people who understand and i know one reply can make all the difference smile xx
    • Posted

It certainly does ! It's nice to get stuff out your own head so thanks again x 
    • Posted

Anything you want to talk about ? You've listened to me, pm if you prefer x 
  • Posted

Hi Crazycat, my latest relapse in anxiety and depression has been predominantly down to my unhealthy association with alcohol.

ive not touched a drop for 6 weeks and advised to stay off for at least another 10 weeks.

You hit the nail on the head when you say self sabotaging, I've gone to my local alcohol dependency team and they are great as they recognise the link between alcohol and depression.

you may need additional help from your GP but if you want to make quicker progress my advise is not to drink yourself to oblivion. 

Nx 

• Posted

Firstly well done you for not drinking for 6 weeks ! A massive achievement ! 

I use alcohol to self medicate when I'm having a bad day which of late is every day although didn't have a drop last week just seem to have fell bk into that pit again ! I am well aware it is counter productive with the meds and depression but struggle when the days are so long with no end in sight. Sorry for my ramblings and thank you for your comments, keep well 

• Posted

I'm too are in the same boat....been fighting depression for the last 3 weeks but has been building for a while and all that time I was drinking to ease my anxiety and stop all the thoughts in my head. Went back to work today so slowly riding it out. I'm off all medication x
    • Posted

Wow that's great ! I've been off work for 5 months now and can't imagine going bk yet and it is such a hard cycle to break, you have done so well and should be proud of yourself x 
    • Posted

Don't feel it hun still not back to myself.....got a mortgage and had so much time off battling depression I no longer get sick pay so I had no choice....I've shut myself wasn't even answering work when they called so no how u feel. On strong sleeping tablets just to sleep as the insomnia is insane xx
    • Posted

Oh I'm sorry, it's awful being ill and having to struggle with work especially when all you want to do is curl up and shut the world out, guess I'm lucky I can and do do that ! X 
    • Posted

Yeah definitely started seeing a new guy only met twice but freaked him out with my mood swings my drinking anger spouts etc xx
    • Posted

It's difficult for people who don't suffer with depression to understand it and let's face it new relationships can be a cause of anxiety with all that getting to know one another etc so you're holding it together really well x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.