fed up

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,its so good to see I'm not alone with painful debilitating skin disorder. I've sat & cried & cried as I am so fed up of this..I have constant boils under my arm,sometimes under both arms & in my groin.drs keep giving me antibiotics which don't work & don't advise me to have the op.I'm at my wits end sad

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joanna, I'd look at previous posts and replies. There are many diet changes or supplements that have helped all of us. For me tumeric and zinc supplements have helped. I've also eliminated nightshade foods from my diet. I started this like two months ago and I haven't had any new bumps since. I used to get a new one or several weekly to every two weeks. I've also started exercising and eating healthier. I've lost 22 lbs so far. I understand though the struggle. I was crying and crying in my closet the other day because my scars from my 16 surgeries are so scary looking. I see them everyday and the trauma from my experience is overwhelming sometimes. I have more good days then bad days though. I also see a counselor for my depression and anxiety. The exercise seems to really help me alot. More than the medications ever did so I stopped those and now just exercising.

• Posted

Thank you.how do u take the tumeric?.I have an underactive thyroid too to add to the mix sad

• Posted

I got my Tumeric supplements at walgreens. They are in the vitamin aisle and they come in capsule form.

I'm sorry you are going through a rough time sad

I hope you feel better really soon.

• Posted

Hi Joanna, 

Snap, I have both HS and an underactive thyroid. I live in the UK and watched a documentary last week on the benefits of turmeric. I take mine in powder form, and it seems that it is most beneficial this way, in studies it had a much better response than the capsules, but each to their own. I buy mine in the food aisles at the supermarket, and drink a teaspoon or 2 in cooled, boiled water - be prepared, it is disgusting but worth it - if I stop drinking it I get another break out. Others on here take drink it with milk. 

I've just had the mother of all cysts on my shoulder of all places, it's been draining for a couple of weeks and I've been left with a huge hole - fed up is an understatement. I wish you luck and send hugs, it sounds like you're really struggling right now and we all know how that feels. 

x

• Posted

Aww thank u for replying.I'm in the uk too.I've broke down today as I'm so down with it & nothing seems to help..nobody around me understands ..so good to find ppl who know wot I'm going through.how often do u take the tumeric?.can it be the one in the spice aisle at the supermarket? X

• Posted

Yep, exactly that, the one in the spice section. A couple of times a day if I'm being good, but usually once a day smile If you can't stomach drinking it, it works well cooked in food too - the heating up of it activates the magic apparently! There's only so many dishes you can add it to though, it's quite nice with chicken and pasta in a creamy cheese sauce - I'm getting very creative! I feel for you lovely, I was in tears this time last week. I told my son, it's like having a baby, I know I was in immense pain because it made me cry but can't quite imagine it now lol! x

• Posted

Hope it works Nfonseca, someone jumped down my throat on here when I said I take the powder before, so I was very slightly smug watching the documentary last week haha! x
  • Posted

Find your food sensitivities and cut them out. Research nightshade vegetables and autoimmune conditions. I found remission from stage 3 HS after I found I was sensitive to nightshades, coconut and nuts. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi everyone. I also have HS, and underactive thyroid. I bought some turmeric capsules yesterday after reading about it here and then doing a bit of internet research! Joanna, you aren't alone, I know it feels like it when you have this awful condition, and I really do recommend that you do as Nfonseca suggests, read all the previous posts and replies. There's a lot of good suggestions and support here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.