Fed up

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've always had OCD, but symptoms had been mild.

Recently I gave birth. As you might know, babies mean no sleep. So I was obsessed with sleep all the time. Three month ago I had an instructive thought about sleep: what if I wake myself up? I was totally freaked out by it. Since then, sleep time had  been like torture. During the day I was always worried about sleep. At night, sometimes I sleep, sometimes I'm awake from anxiety. I always told myself I can take sleeping pills for the rest of my life. But reading about the side effects of sleeping pills didn't help. It sounded sometimes I would be better off without sleep.

My husband does everything to help me. He earns money, changes diaper at night. I feel so useless and guilty since all I  have been doing is to enjoy what he gives me since we met. I wish I could start working soon and pay him back, sharing his burden, but I find myself crippled by my mental problem.

?Last night, I tried a OTC sleeping pill called Phenergan. My husband took care of the baby. Disappointedly, it didn't work at all. I feel kind of empty, like there is nothing to be done to cure my problem. As long as I exist, it will be there.I also hate the fact that I'm so strange. If it's a physical problem, like real insomnia, I could accept. But what the f**k, waking myself up because I want to sleep? Why do I get this brain? It's like being haunted forever . My husband is upset with me for last night, since he didn't sleep well with the baby waking up multiple times during the night, Phenergan didn't work, so it was a waste. More and more I feel he deserves better. More and more I feel this world is not attractive to me anymore. I feel if I'm gone, my dear husband can find a better woman and my son a better mother. I was never particularly passionate about living. I lived happily, because I had a happy life with my husband, but now I feel I'm becoming a burden for him, I start considering leaving, like killing myself. On top of that, I'm so tired of struggling with my sleep anxiety and OCD. I don't feel depressed, just rationally considering life is not worth living anymore.sad

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Annie. I wonder if you're not suffering from post partum syndrome. Women have it after giving birth I had it after giving birth to my first born child. I can't diagnose you I'm no doctor but many many many women suffer from it and it is very real and painful and treatable. Have you heard of this. I think you might ask your doctor about it. You are not messed up or weird. Diane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.