Fed up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I’ve been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid 3 weeks ago, I’m on carbimazole 20mg 2 times a day, I couldn’t believe it was over as I’ve put weight on and was very tired and achy all the time, I went to the docs because I wasn’t feeling well and had stomach problems too, I am feeling a bit better at the moment but still not 100% as anyone else had these issues ? I’ve not even been to see an endrocoligist yet, still waiting on appointment. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jackie, do you mean you have been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid only three weeks ago? When I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, it took me more than 1.5 years to fully recover with medication, and throughout there were various symptoms which I had to overcome, mostly with the help of propranolol (temporary basis) until the symptoms subsided. I guess you just need to give your body some time to adjust and slowly balance back to the normal range. All the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.