FED UP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had a total colomstomy just over 18 months ago sometimes wonder if i made the right choice! Fed up with the bag the stoma and having to live with this for the rest of my life. Yes know i am lucky i am still here just on a downer

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Arh I’m sure you feel down and fed up but it’ll take a while to get used to all the changes 

Try not to feel down easy saidvthan done I know things will get easier xx

• Posted

You certainly have been through a lot it seems and I'm sure having the Stoma was a very hard decision to make. However, I'm sure there is light at the end of the tunnel. Today I spoke to my sister who has had her Stoma for 10 years. She tells me how hard it was at first but has now learned to live with it and some days she is able to almost forget! She's not a young woman, has had a triple heart bypass to deal with too, but she doesn't allow much to get her down! I hope that you will find it easier to cope with as time goes on, upwards and onwards and don't let the b . . . . .  grind you down! Feel free to come on here anytime and let us know how you are!

• Posted

I am sorry to hear about your depression I wish I could help but hang in there sometimes I get depressed I don't have the same problem I ulcerative colitis and sometimes I can have moments when I have flare ups and nothing seems to help.I wish the best for you

• Posted

Hi Helena, sorry for your op, it can be a life saver but has a steep learning curve. Have you considered  a reversal? My son had a stoma for a year and then a very successful J pouch reversal. He is able to do almost anything now and no regrets. Is it something you have considered?

Sheila..

• Posted

Hi can't have a reversal as had a total Panproctocolectomy so can't be reversed but feel maybe was pushed in that direction think this is what getting me down so much I know I need to come to terms with this as it can not be changed

• Posted

Sorry about that, didn't realise this existed. Hope you were properly advised. The Crohns and colitis facebook page is very helpful. Good luck. S

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.