Fed up and feeling the pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm almost 4 weeks post surgery right PKR and still getting swelling around my knee both ankles and both feet more so the left one I broke a bone that connects to the little toe 15 years ago and this past year I've been having the odd click but now because I have to put more weight in that side it's causing pain where I broke my foot that with bruising and swelling I have been to the doctor who said it's normal it's just from when I had surgery why would that effect the other side like that anyway Im thinking I might either get a second opinion or ask a staff member who works in the physio department on Thursday is there any advice or tips I can try to prevent it getting worse please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Four weeks and you’re fed up? You shouldn’t have had the surgery. LOL! Just kidding (kind of) This is a year long big recovery at best. But I promise it gets better and better all the time. Hang in there!
  • Posted

Sorry you're feeling depressed but it happens to everyone 4 weeks I'm sorry to say isn't even now even scale of recovery it's a no haul I'm 11months and almost there but not quite get your head down do the physio 3/4 times a day ice as many times as you can take meds regular and indulge yourself on guilty pleasures you've earned it when you can walk get a fit zip and push up the steps All this is not what you want to hear but it works ask any member on here who is 1 year post TKR 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

• Posted

Hi I think the worse part for me is I feel cut off from the world and also having this pain doesn't help in my foot I'm usually really outgoing and now all I seem to be doing is sitting around gaining tons of weight and then there's also the fact that I wasn't well prepared for this procedure or how it was going to be for a long time I wasn't given all the information and it was only offered to me a week before I went in surgery I hadn't even heard of partial knee replacement before and my old consultant messed me around lost my hospital notes etc and my doctor and myself were under the impression that I was on a waiting list and then got told that I was never on a waiting list this went on for almost 4 years don't get me wrong I am grateful and happy that I've had the surgery even though the pain keeps me up all night etc but I hate not doing my shopping or taking my son to school or being able to do anything with my son thanks for your response

• Posted

I'm just over 8 weeks now and I will get swelling, im getting used to it now. It's all part of the op im afraid you just have to manage it the best you can. If I over do it it is worse, ice and elevate is the only advice and don't weight bear so much at this stage of your recovery. Just keep up with range of motion to exercises. Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks for your response it's mainly the foot that is driving me crazy kind of got used to my knee ballooning out lol but my foot different story

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.