Fed up feeling like my knee is going to explode or something

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know that sounds strange but I've read people talking about

knee cap dislocation and how it was a traumatic experience, the

worst pain they had ever felt, happened out of nowhere, etc.

I find it difficult to get it out of my mind, I keep imagining my

knee cap slipping out of place. Sometimes I do feel pinching but

I'm pretty sure I am imagining that, my knee is fine as far as

I can tell. I can walk, run, jump, go up and down stairs, I've not

difficulty straightening or anything else. I can do all things I

usually do with no difficulty. I just feel like a big chicken because

I can't clear my mind of these thoughts, it's not like my

knee cap has ever dislocated in the past. I keep fancying

there are shooting pains and I'm afraid to straighten it or do

anything even though I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong.

I feel miserable. I'm sure I'll be fine but I just need to get this

off my chest.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This confused me. Do you even have a knee problem? If you do they can put you to sleep and fix it. On a weirder note this is extremly common in dogs and they fix it all the time. If you are scared of pain they can make it so you do not feel any pain. Twilight sleep so no worry there. If you dont you have ocd and need to see a psychiatrist for it. 
  • Posted

There is an operation that works on the Cartlage, next to the knee Cap.

If you play football, rugby and you are darting backwards and forewards sometims the cartlage needs pushing back into its place.

It is a straight forward operation so get it checked. If it is not that, your worries will be sorted.

See your GP

BOB

• Posted

It sounds like one of the many symptoms of anxiety....worrying about something without reason. That is what anxiety does. Have your doctor check you for anxiety, Honey.
  • Posted

Classic symptoms of anxiety. Anxiety makes ideas race over and over in our minds and we are literally on the end.

?Yes, get these feelings off your chest, its a good thing. I too  have racing thoughts. I meditate but sometimes the anxiety wins and sometimes it doesn't.

?Have you talked to your doctor about your anxiety? If not, that maybe a good start.

?Sending you positive thoughts smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.