Fed up gastro symtoms no answers life going crap!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey all,

So I've been under investigation for a few months following gut symtoms chronic diahorrea fatigue stomach pain etc bloods took first time round raised liver enzymes and stool sample of calopectrin was high so refferd to gastroenterology who repeated the tests. All fine. Guessing IBS sent me for a hydrogen breathe test still awaiting results. Managed to control with diet and have been doing well. Apart from 2 days ago I got this dull pain in my right side by ribs thought nothing of it wasn't unbearable etc. Following morning was out with my friends horses got cramps in front lower abdomen like period but worse. Had a drink sat down was fine. Felt okay that evening I decided to go on jog with my group was all going well until last 1K or so I suddenly got this overwhelming pain in my stomach like a cramp that suddenly went sharp sat down then went sick dizzy etc but was proud of myself as remaied calm whole thing. Anyway not quite sure what happened next thing I no paramedics there high heart rate and these pains. Was put on gas and air then that made me sick so was put on morphine (which I here I said some rather crazy stuff on) that took edge off. Spent hours in a&e just told to go home take painkillers and a letter would be written to consultant about it all. But this is insane why the heck would this happen nothing eaten out of ordinary. Just came on.. feeling so lost and confused by it all...

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Emilia

Sorry to hear about your recent problems.

I'm afraid that's IBS for you, the randomness and severity of symptoms can strike anytime and be quite debilitating. I've been diagnosed with IBS for 3 years, although I'm also being investigated for Crohn's disease, although this is unlikely following a recent colonoscopy with biopsies that showed my colon was normal and healthy.My symptoms can come on anytime, sometimes they last for a few hours and then other times they can last for a few days. I get the same symptoms as you, cramping, dizziness, nausea, random abdominal and chest pains, raised heart rate, Sometimes the symptoms are mild, sometimes they are severe, and no matter what changes I try to make with diet and lifestyle, it doesn't seem to make any difference. It's had a serious impact on my life and even now I still feel lost and confused, the only positive is that I have just about managed to come to terms with it, doesn't make it any easier to deal with though.

I just wanted to say that I know how you feel, and I do hope that with further investigations you manage to get some answers you need, and perhaps the treatment you need to make it easier to deal with.

Take care and wishing you all the best for the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.