Fed up,getting depressed, everything getting to much

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 50 I have a l4/5disc bulge which requires surgery. I have been to pain clinic

I have got the spinal injection,s I am on two many pain killers to list some of witch

Are controlled. I also get anti depressants but got told they can help with the pain

I really hope so because there doing nothing for depression.I went for my pre

op And told the truth. I was getting pain in my chest. I got took of the weighting

List and got sent to cardiac clinic I got my scans and now have to see the cardiac

Consultant Why can't they just send a letter out telling you about the results

I have been worrying about this for weeks now?And to add icing on the cake

One of the people I know at the pain clinic who was in front of me for operation

Has been told. There is a 30 months weighting list. I got I'll health retirement

From my job of 20 years I loved that job. I am no thurther forward now ?((I I

Should have lied at the pre op

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

No you shouldn't have lied, if there's something going on with your ticker then it would be unfair on the theatre staff to have not told them and then had an episode during op.

Would maybe have been better to have told your GP before so your tests could have been carried out and sorted before you got to preoperative stage, what tests have you had so far

• Posted

I would not have lied I was just fed up and decided to blow off a

Bit of steam. it gets me that way sometimes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.