fed up of fighting feel im being mis diagnosed.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So christmas day i ended up in A and E due to coughing up blood for the 4th time this year. Ive had xrays blood tests and ecgs and all came back clear. Ive got a habit of constantly clearing my throat, i feel like theres something is always there. Every one i see say ive scratched the lining inside my throat or burst a blood vessel. But ive convinced myself its lung cancer. I have a habit of googling constantly. And then tonight i read, xrays can be missed and blood tests dont always dhow cancer so ive gone through all that for nothing. I do suffer from servere anxiety and do take medication. And are under the mental health. But just want to know if this has happened to anyone else where they have coughed up blood. Its never a lot its less than a tea spoon. But im so scared of leaving my children. I cant stop worrying

Thank yoy for taking your time to read.

Vickyx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not to add to your worry at all,while anxiety can do a lot of things, it can't cause bleeding,that really does need proper investigation
    • Posted

That's understandable, I always have a lump feeling in my throat,I don't clear.my throat as it makes no difference, but its very common with anxiety to have that feeling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.