Fed up of not sleeping

Posted , 4 users are following.

My TN always seems to be worse on a night time when I'm wanting to sleep. I wake up after a couple of hours with the burning pain in my face / eye. After walking around, taking pain killers, I usually get back into bed for another couple of hours until the pain returns again. I wake up 2-3 times a night, the lack of sleep affects my mood during the day.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn

Much sympathy for this. Classical TB doesn't respond to pain killers anyway so your long term pain must be very wearing. Has your medical practitioner spoken to you about using regular doses of Carbamazepine (Tegretol) or something. These types of drugs are not pain killers but they are the only things that will keep the TN quiet enough for you to sleep.

• Posted

Hi Dawn.  Lack of sleep is so miserable, I know what you are going through.  I found taking my medication at regular intervals and setting my alarm during the night to do so, helped, and also by not lying flat in bed.  I prop myself up on 2 pillows, and it makes a difference for me.  Don't sleep on the affected side.  Best of luck to you Dawn.

• Posted

Hello

Thank you for your advice, I am on carbemazapine and amitriptiline at night, yes I have tried propping myself up. Just seem to be going through a bad spell at the minute with it :-(

• Posted

I hear you Dawn. My pain is making my eyes dry. Pain on right side of face. Making my teeth ache. It got worse after I had sinus surgery. Jeannie4006

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.