Fed up of strougling

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am just so fed up of life. I am usually a very positive person. I never stay down for long even though I have experienced so many hard times and believe I have had quite a trying life...but I am getting to a point were I just feel totally burnt out. I am divorced for 8 years have fought for my children one of them being autistic, putting my children's needs first helping my Schizophrenic mother . trying to keep my mums home and bills paid for as well as mine. Having my last born criticise me constantly as well and no support to me but instead make a mess and just being disrespectful his a young adult not a child and he works. Today I just feel so broken and helpless and hopeless I don't have the drive or energy . I feel like even though all my life I have tried to make things work now I have had enough ...I am tried of being sad and strougling to keep things going!! And then you have cost of living going up ,Gas and Electricity bills,house rent .....

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Any chance you could reach out for medical help? Perhaps a therapist to start (though sometimes it takes time to find a good fit)?

Depression, if you have it, is like looking at the world through muddy glasses while wearing uncomfortable, scratchy long underwear all of the time. At the time, I couldn't see it, but I asked for help, which I struggle to do. On the other side, I was able to look back and see how incredibly courageous I am, to have kept going toward the hope of something better when I could barely see or feel.

I too have similar struggles, and was the primary caretaker for my father before he died of dementia and cancer a few years ago. It haunts me, but I'm slowly headed toward better days. The serenity prayer helps... Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I do what I can, and hope for clearer days. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks a lot for you kind advice. I have done therapy before which was very helpful. I have been thinking about it and will look into getting some help in that respect.

• Posted

It sounds like you try to do alot of good in your life for others around you hoping that it brings goodness to you, while its good to help others, you personal mentally and needs are also important. Helps others to help you. One open heart to another. Your problems come from severe stress. Life is stressful, what you need to do is make time for you, and be a little bit more careless. Pay less and do less for others, but maintain healthy relationships.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.