Fed up of this fatigue

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am so fed up with this awful total exhaustion after having two infections sinitis and straight after chest infection 13 weeks ago approx I'm having breathlessness nausea pressure on top of head neck pain I've just recieved ct scan results normal I was told by dr I have post viral fatigue but I'm less than half of the person I was.im finding it difficult to even walk outside I do not have depression or suffer from anxiety 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hI Royalty - cool name, I feel the need to go off practice my curtsey ...  no, seriously, I am very sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly.  at least your doc is on top of your situation - or at least seems to be. are you sleeping - more than usual because dont think by stopping to go lie down is giving in, it isn't it's an integral part of your management.  I have had fibro and cfs for four years and have been in a complete tail-spin for the last three months - unable to go out, only managing from my bed to the bathroom and back again.  if you have family - ask for their support.  tell your friends just how bad it is.  if they are real friends they will always be there and be understanding and if not, well, they weren't real friends anyway.  Ihave had to give up work which has been hard - financially, socially, emotionally too, missing the stimulation but not being on the go all the time!  You take time.  Pace your self - this was the best piece of advice I was given.  take care,kind regards, Peta

• Posted

Hahaha practise your curtesy that made me giggle, and it's so good to laugh, no funnily enough I'm not really sleeping more I'm sleeping about the same but it's an unrefreshed sleep really yes I do tell my friends I just have the distinct impression they are finding it hard to believe as I was so diferent before. Yes I gave up work two months ago too I finding that hard like you as I loved my job but not the part of ringing in sick all the time thankyou for your advice PETA you take care too x

• Posted

Dear Royalty - your, Majesty - or Maj - yeah I know it's taking a liberty but hey! we're friends now,eh?  Our delightful queen is also known as Madge - you know, same as Maj just less like a minor officer in HM Forces ...  cant see her not knowing that's what all the staff refer to her as . lol. she's such a sweetie pie too!  I know someone who is regularly invited to The Palace - some of the things she tells me which I would love to share but having signed the Official Secrets Act - in blood - not my own I hasten to add - I'm afraid my lips are sealed.  lol.  

• Posted

I think I'm actually more of a Madge really lol but I can always dream can't i, haha yes we are friends so I answer to Madge maj or royalty oh you can't possibly spill it certainly helps having a sense of humour dosent it life must be so dull without one 

• Posted

Hi Royalty

I had fatigue before I had a viral infection. However after 3 months of my viral, it took me many more months still before I could even function to do simple tasks. I like many had several tests, all with negative outcomes. I was diagnosed with CFS just last year after years of battling with my GP.

What you are saying seems to be what doctors deem as post viral fatigue....however without the right treatment this can feel never ending and debilitating. For some turning into years of battling with their own body.

The bad side is many doctors still see ME/CFS as a hypochondriac illness. It is Not! It is real and can be awful to live with!

The good side is once you come to belive you may have it, there are ways of helping yourself.

You must pace your day according to what your physically able to do. This means going against what your mentality able to do and listen to your body...way easier said than done.

Allso accept help when your feeling bad... again easier said than done as it can sometimes feel like you are giving up your independence.

If you fight it and keep pushing you will only feel worse for longer...doing this can give you some release and in some cases alow you to make a full recovery.

I wish you all the best and please do not give up with the doctors. Ask them to do all the tests... and if they keep coming up negative, ask to be referred to a ME/CFS clinic. Hopefully you will find them much more helpfully and supportive.

Good luck and hope your feeling better soon xx

• Posted

Thankyou angel dove yes that makes sense I suppose if I'm totally honest I have a real problem with accepting what has happened so I get very frustrated I'm the type of person that finds it very hard to ask for help and I try to push through the fatigue but even after the short time of having this I've come to realise you can't really push through it well I can't, so I'm going to listen to my body more 

• Posted

As we all do Royalty. My biggest hurdle was accepting I could not do what I thought I could do. Being fearlessly independent I fought myself for years...but as soon as I gave in and listened to the professional advice, i felt much better and am now able to do more without the feeling of guilt. I really do wish you all the best xx
  • Posted

You'll get better, you just need to be patient with yourself. Do everything you can do to help yourself good food no alcohol no smoking and trust in your doctor take light exercise if you can and you will get better, trust in yourself, believe in your bodies ability to heal and try and do things that make you feel happy maybe listening to your favorite music or watching comedy films

• Posted

Yes that's very true no I don't smoke I don't drink either I do like chocolate though unfortunately got a real sweet tooth trying very hard to cut down on the sugar aspect, yes I love my music yes I will carry on thinking positive 

• Posted

Royalty, I developed CFS after having a particularly virulent form of mono. That was 20 years ago. I was blessed to have a really good gp at the time, who knew me before I became so ill. I wish I had a magic or medical solution for you, but I don't. Just affirmation that your fatigue is real, it's not l "normal" fatigue and it is frustrating beyond belief. Please prune all possible unhappiness and extra stressors out of your life and add as many things as you can which bring you spiritual and emotional peace. While this may not help the fatigue, extra stress and unhappiness definitely make it worse. I had to leave my profession and go on disability because of the fatigue. I am happy to hear you are not going into this with depression or anxiety. Many of us develop depression and/or anxiety just from trying to recover from or live with this condition. I still have several days per week when I am too exhausted to leave the house. I'm not telling you these things to depress you or frustrate you further; I want you to know that your experience is real and that you are not alone and it's not your fault.

• Posted

Thankyou holly, yes that definately makes sense to try and keep stresses at bay I do find it very difficult trying to explain to friends how I feel I try and tell them that while they can make arrangements to go out the following day somewhere I simply cannot do that. I cannot say that I'm going to lift up to try anything yes I've left my work and no I understand you are not trying to depress me by telling me sometimes you can't leave your house I've found this most days sometimes I've had job to move from sofa to kitchen because of wooziness breathlessness n fatigue I wish you all the best. People are so kind giving advice and I really appreciate it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.