Fed up with bladder

Posted , 2 users are following.

Really had enough I've been going to out patients for over a year. Had this bladder problem for 5 years or more.been waiting since 8th march and get appointments that get cancelled all the time. I've another in July so have to wait an age to see what next steps are. They were thinking self catheterisation anyone been through this.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helena1971,

I don't know what your bladder problems are, but self catheterisation is normally advised when you can’t empty your bladder ( completely ) by yourself. The thought of putting something up your urethra, inside your bladder can be very scary. But from my experience it is easy and you get used to it very quickly. It can be a big relief once found your way how to do it. A nurse will show you how to handle the catheters, but from my experience at home you have to find a way to put the things you need in reach and find a comfortable pose. Then it’s very easy to do rather you are at home, or somewhere else.

I hope it can be a relief for you. Having to deal with bladder problems can really affect your life in a disturbing way.

• Posted

Hi thanks, when I had dynamics test the nurse used a catheter and my bladder would only empty half. Waiting to go back to hospital in July now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.