Fed up with Worrying

Posted , 9 users are following.

Seriously so fed up with thinking about negative stuff. So i try and think about something/anything else but wait....the worrying creeps back in. How do you focus, stop the brain from going to those dark places. My mind is so fixated on my stomach and has been for years. I want to pull my attention from it, even for just a day.  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Try hypnosis guy called Thomas hall he helped me stop panicking honestly it's in YouTube called stop panic and anxiety cd
    • Posted

It's okay pal do it for a week every day keep us updated on how you get on 
  • Posted

I used to let bad thoughts control my life, hard to tell someone else to ignore them, because you can't, only way to  help yourself is to accept what they are, your thoughts programmed, conditioning at it's best. It's like a fabricated feeling, created for reasons only you know why. I knew my triggers, I accepted them, I also know they, (one more time) BLUFF my body, pretend to instill fear, then the juices start to flow, panic! Well, that acceptance snow balled, it got bigger, and I controlled the BLUFF. Challenge yourself to accept those thoughts, because that's really all they are, better to think of the best feeling you've ever had, and how you can expand that feeling.
    • Posted

Thanks Trikkerguy, appreciate it. I'll keep trying to accept them, it's just so difficult to swtich them off. Again, thanks for your advices.
  • Posted

Hi grahamJD

I really understand your frustration , I get it soo much it either breaks me from my sleep or doesn't let me sleep at all . 

The negative thoughts if mine ate about life , kids , how I could have made my life different by making different decisions in the past , but I can't go back to the past ! But that's my mind going doo-lally . I wish I could stop them ...... 

You mentioned your mind is fixed on your stomach, how do you mean ? 

Regards 

Anna

• Posted

Yeah regret is such a large part of it. Like you, i'm never sure i made the right decisions with anything. I wonder if there was a better life out there for me had i dont things differently but i guess we can only stop and look at everything we do have rather than what we don't. It's not easy.

My stomach thing, it's like i'm hyperaware of it. Every little feeling is heightened and it has been tense for years, on and off but mostly on. But my brain can't stop thinking it maybe something serious despite me having a lot of blood tests and checks from the doctor. So this 'feeling' in my stomach just will not go. There have been times though when i've been focused intently on something else, it do go. But it always come back because my thoughts won't stay away for long. 

The mind sucks!!

• Posted

The mind really does suck!!!!! 

I'd love to know how to focus on the positives. 

• Posted

HI Graham, 

If i told you not to think about pink elephants, your mind would think about them and no matter what you did it would try to keep thiking about pink elephants.

I think the same applies here.

I would assign yourself a time each day to worry. In that way, you are not putting pressure on yourself to stop (which actually reinforces worrying) you can keep a note of these worries in a pad and tell yourself you will deal with them at 6pm for example. At 6pm give yourself twenty minutes to go over them. It will give you a break throughout the day and start to give you more control over your time. Eeventually you will not even need 'worry time'

Hope this helps 

• Posted

Hey Graham I find the bad thoughts seem to come when am by myself and not really doing anything productive. You need to do something that can refocus your mind or at least give it a break. Try going to the gym, find swimming especially good as all i can concentrate on the lenghts am doing and try a making a game out of it. Is it your job your worrying or relationship?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.