Feeding tube

Posted , 3 users are following.

On my third feeding tube in 2&1/2 years. My throat doesn't tolerate these well at all. The last two had to be pulled out early. I don't know how much more of this I can handle. At this point I wish the doctor would do a total pancreatectomy with islet cell transfer. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kathy

So do you have chronic pancreatitis? Due to alcohol or gallstones?

Are you on Creon? Are you daibetic?

• Posted

Sadly it was due to alcohol. My father had it also. After my first attack (which landed me in a coma a half step away from dead) I got sober and haven't had a drink since. I won't even take medicine with alcohol in it. After I quit drinking is when it became chronic. I'm sure the damage was already done. I am on Creon and am not diabetic. Most days I am in quite a bit of pain. Nausea comes and goes. So far every step of the way the doctor thinks could be the step that makes things better, better enough at least. I haven't made it a month without being in the hospital for a week or so.  Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.