Feel as though I'm not here

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone else gets moments when you feel as though your not actually here, like your in a dream. I get them quite regularly and they're starting to get really annoying aswell as the head pain and ear aches. Also this morning woke up with a painful shoulder, so now everytime I move it it hurts.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Fuzzy head feeling is very common with anxiety... Unpleasant but not harmful 
    • Posted

Can you have the symptoms constantly without actually having an attack?
    • Posted

Absolutely!  I did for years before i ever had a full blown attack... Some people dont ever get any attacks, some just get attacks, nothing else... Everyone is different
  • Posted

Hi Emily, yes I get that especially recently. I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety in the past, but this time I am getting what you describe. I got it really bad recently, it's very very scarey isn't it? I was getting very scared of it, which made it worse, eventually during a recent attack of it, I told myself this will pass, it is just the anxiety, and it has ;-) yours will too.

Try to focus on something, carry on and it will pass. Also what helped me was I re-connected with people as I was feeling really lonely. Talking helps.

The shoulder problems head aches etc could be from all the stress and tension. Think about how you hold yourself, I bet your shoulders are clenched as you are reading this! Try to let go and relax those shoulders. 

• Posted

I think its all the position you sleep...it is not harmfull
  • Posted

Yep, I do. This might sound really weird, but when I'm feeling anxious it's like I force myself out of reality so I don't feel it...

It's the only way I can get through my day really

• Posted

yes, i feel that too sometimes. especially if stress and angryness mix in my system, but what i do is, faking myself to smile. It's hard, but somehow i feel light inside my head and it feels like i'm real again, slowly but surely.
  • Posted

Yes, I feel that way most days. It can be pretty uncomfortable but the worst I ever had it was when I was going through depersonalization.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.