Feel confused, out of sync and zoned out days after drinking

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey,

On Saturday I was drinking with my friends, I know I had a lot to drink and its hard to remember a lot of the night. I don't drink very often (maybe every 1 or 2 months). I remember bumping my head at one point during the night.I didn't get much sleep since I was up at 4am when my friend started puking and decided I couldn't leave him unless he vomited in his sleep, so I stayed up. I got home at 8am and went to sleep. I haven’t vomited or had a headache, although when I was staying up to watch my friend I had a stomach ache.

Since Sunday (3 days ago) I have felt zoned out and confused at most times during the day, it's difficult to concentrate and hard to focus. Its hard to describe how I feel but my head just feels fuzzy and out of sync with everything. When I speak to people it feels strange and it can be difficult to hear things people say. its just difficult to concentrate on what I'm doing. It feels like I'm in a dreaming state at times and that I’m still a bit drunk days after drinking. I’m just not feeling normal and I've eaten, drank and slept. I’ve never felt like this after drinking before. Today at points ive felt normal which could only be a good sign. But, I'm unsure whether I'm ill, need to rest or have a more serious issue. Hoping it's possibly just recovering and lack of sleep from drinking.

If anyone has any advice or an idea of what’s wrong it would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tom,

It sounds to me that it's more likely to be something to do when you bumped

your head. You may have mild concussion depending on how hard you hit it.

Ask your GP or your local pharmacist for professional advice.

All the best.

Claire

• Posted

agree with the others, see a doctor because you banged your head, might be nothing, but best to get checked out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.