Feel ectopics in my stomach

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i am new to this site and have been desperate to find someone else with my symptoms. i have suffered with ectopics for many years but had a good free period for a couple of years. Four weeks ago they came back with a vengence and non stop for hours and every day, but this time i am feeling them more in my upper abdomen than in my chest or throat. i had all the tests two years ago which were all ok. as i am so distressed at their frequency and strength my dr has ordered more tests and magnesium. these ectopics are making me faint and anxious, which i am sure making them worse. i am 63, female, i do suffer from reflux but my dr says nothing to do with ectopics. i will have these tests in two weeks and will post results. i feel sorry for all of us that suffer from these things and wish more study would be done to help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caterina:

I have done a lot of research and read study results and have come to the conclusion that almost everyone is low on potassium. Potassium is a very critical electrolyte that is involved in every chemical reaction in the human body. Since we are all low on it, people will get different symptoms. It will display first in their weakest area. Without potassium the heart can not beat, the stomach can not produce acid, the muscles do not function properly, even the cells can not take in nutrients nor can they expel waste. The best way to test this is to juice dark green vegetables. Kale, spinach, parsley. Using a blender does help but makes it thick and hard to drink. If you only have a blender then you can blend them and then strain out the fiber. You can add some carrots to help the flavor. Nuts also have potassium, so eat some nuts also. You can also take potassium supplements with food. Maybe 2 tablets per meal. The daily recommended amount is 4000 to 5000mg. Most people only get about 1000mg per day from their diet.

Give it a try, it can only make you healthier and may help you heart rhythm issue.

• Posted

thank you jonathan for the interesting info, i will get a green juice instead of coffee from my health shop each day and give it a go, i have started the 1000mg a day of magnesium, they did make me a but queasy but i am going to persever, i will keep updating on how ectopics go.

• Posted

I believe reflux is related,

I have GERD and without my antiacids, i have in the past experienced heart palpitations, lightheaded and dizziness after meals.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.