Feel extremely ill after bath

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ive just had a bath. Not sire if it was norml temperature but ive got out feeling extremlely ill. Im now sat on my bed cant breathe, and shivering a little, keep going dizzy, and getting waves of panick. I also went white. And got up in a panick. I just camnot breathe. Its gone so slow i feel like im going to die or pass out. i have bad nerve pain in my arm and i feel really really tired. I was checking my bpm in the bath and it shot up to over 110. Im so worried right now

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi has anyone been prescribed Fluoxetine if so did you have any side effects thanks
    • Posted

Hi virgnia

Yes...it has been my salvation!    On it long term, and I am not aware of any side effects. I do not feel addicted.....just comfortable taking it.

However, we  are all different.....Trial & Error!.....Good Luck!

• Posted

. Wow. I am so Angry woth what you just did there. Just like completely irrelevant amd didnt even make your own post, just decided to pop a question abput something completely different
    • Posted

Maybe this person pressed the wrong button and meant to start another discussion but pressed reply... Its easily done
    • Posted

Thanks for reply bit nervous about taking anything after last serious allergic reaction.
  • Posted

Hi, you were probably just light headed, and anxiety has turned it into a panic attack.

Learn some breathing techniques, 

I use, breath in the nose, count 4,out the mouth, then count 7, then 8 and repeat a dozen or so times, It works, you might find a different method.

• Posted

Hello Emily

Bit confused with "bpm in the bath"...........all sounds like a really bad panic attack!

If it was your blood pressure  reading at 110...that is GOOD.....did you mean something else?   Please reply........ x

• Posted

I was checking my pulse. As i read it should be around 70-100 at rest or something like that. So i have an obsession with checking it to see if it is around the same at different times of the day.
  • Posted

Hi Emily,how did you feel before your bath and how do you feel know,it sounds like a panic attack to me ?
    • Posted

I felt a little bit sick and dizzy before my bath and freezing but that was probably because i had been to alton towers theme park and had walked around in the cold and rain all day.

I ended up getting my bf to ring me which helped as he said that i should go to sleep as im probably really tired.

• Posted

I've felt ill b4 after a bath, I usually shower now instead, if waters too hot it can make you feel dizzy &!sick, you done the best thing just sit on bed & cool down it'll wear off
  • Posted

Hello again emily

Checking your pulse several times a day is a sure sign of anxiety.  I know, because I have done it and still do sometimes.  My friend also does it and if it is a bit rapid she gets a panic attack.  Your pulse rate will vary, but with anxiety it can shoot straight up.  Hope you were able to sleep/rest after this episode, and that you are feeling better. Good Luck!

• Posted

Hi Emily, if the bath water was a little on the hot side your BPM will increase to cool your blood and skin, equally if you check your BPM it could rise if your anxious about it, they call it "white coat syndrome".

Sounds like you've frightened yourself again and brought on an anxiety attack.

Dont worry petal your just fine.

Neil 

• Posted

I realise now that what I had what a panic attack. I probably didn't recognise it because I haven't had one in a long time, last one was because I ate kebab meat and started thinking it would kill me.. So random haha.

I managed to calm down by getting my bf to ring and then just going to sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.