Feel fed up with slow recovery from Lapriscopic op to fix rectocele,entercele and telescoping bowel

Posted , 3 users are following.

16 days after and although I thought I was on the mend am in lots of pain. Mostly inside my vagina .probably where it's stitched up. Hoping I will get my life back soon.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margarete,

I definitely remember being where you are after post op from anterior and posterior repair plus vaginal hernia! I, too, had absolutely no idea how long and intense the recovery  from this surgery is! I had no idea that the recovery is both a mental and physical recovery. My advice from a 3 month and 2 week post op surgery is to simply take that word “soon” out of your vocabulary. Your best bet is to come to terms with the fact that to recover well and completely, you must take it slow and pamper yourself each day. I am active normally and it is hard but even at this stage I am protecting my surgery . I took the daughter-in-law and three GRANDS on our traditional summer vacation to the water park and I usually ride the water slides. This year I stayed in the Lazy River because all the water slides have stairs to climb and even 3 months recovered I just did not want to chance it!

I pray you have the best recovery possible. You will have days of feeling great and even days of possible panic ahead but stay on this forum and buckle up for the ride! Trust me if you practice good self care, you will be all the better for it!!

• Posted

Thank you Brenda

It's comforting to know that I shouldn't be expecting to feel better yet.

• Posted

Margarete, Brenda has given you very accurate and wise info. I’m 4 months having had same 3 times and only now feeling stronger inside but protecting it all the way with no lifting or standing for only short amounts of time. At 16 days, I was horizontal for most of the time with just some regular trips around the house.

It’s hard to imagine it could take this long but it just does. Accept that fact and use this time to heal in the best possible way. Loading the area is only going to weaken it.

Wishing you all the best

Peta

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.