Feel I've lost my mind

Posted , 7 users are following.

I feel like I've lost my mind completely tonight I'm diagnosed myself with everything and I'm driving myself crazy I can't relax I'm having nightmares even if keep feeling asif I'm too ill to walk but I can actually still walk I really feel I have something wrong I've been diagnosed with anemia today I take 1 ferrous sulfate each day now which may explain the dizziness I've been having since giving birth ! But I still can't get my head around it been just that I constantly feel out of it any little thing I have even if it's mild leg pain like now I think blood clot ect anything could be a sneeze I think the worst I have booked myself to be seen on the 27th but I'm scared I'll lose my mind by then 😢I know I'm posting alot but I'm so scared as it's like I've lost touch I don't believe it's anxiety but I know diagnosing everything possible is making me more Ill

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone is trained to help?
  • Posted

stephx anxiety is very powerful it can manifest any symptom your mind can create ive had anxiety for 30 years now and anxiety still trys to kick my ass some days but over the years i have learned thr skills to cope ive had meny symptoms one but dont google symptoms it is a breeding ground for anxiety start to diary and journal every day and read as much as you can on anxiety knowledge is power get to know your enemy anxiety dont be afraid anxiety can be managed and you are the key to your recovery but its a slow process
  • Posted

I feel the same recently started experience anxiety since I got sick with a cold early March, of course started googling symptoms as it drug out over 3 weeks, now every time I feel something I google, been told many times not to but it's hard as I feel I get dismissed by doctors. I'm frustrated and need to learn how to deal with my anxiety it's hard.
  • Posted

I've done this, after I had my daughter and now 12yrs later I find myself doing it again, every symptom I have I think is terminal, I go to the doctors, have all the tests, they all come back clear, then I think I'm going crazy and think the doctor thinks I'm a hyprocondiac. It's hard to know whether I'm really ill or its anxiety again, but now all the tests are clear I know it's anxiety. It's all to do with hormones, my family are scared to talk to me about any kind of illness as I seem to take on all the symptoms and I don't even know I'm doing it. But your not crazy and you will get over this, I went on some antidepressants until my hormones sorted themselves out and it really works, I'm perimenopausal now apparently and I'm dealing with it better now. Hope you ok, but your not crazy, it seems to affect a lot of people like this x
  • Posted

Anxiety can completely mask itself as something else. I had it so bad I thought I had a brain tumor and had a complete CT SCAN and nothing. Go seek help and try some xanax to see if that helps. 
  • Posted

Anxiety does make you feel like you are losing your mind. The good thing is, as you are aware of it you are clearly not losing your mind. I've suffered on & off for years. It sounds like health anxiety. You need a kind Dr to give you meds, a good counsellor to help you understand & try CBT. You also may benefit from deep muscle relaxation. All of these things take time to work. So you have to be patient with yourself & treat yourself like you would treat your best friend. You need the skills to learn how to cope with this. It is quite doable. Good luck. Also ask your GP about books on prescription

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.