Feel like an absolute useless, worthless, colossal failure.

Posted , 104 users are following.

Right, where do I start?

I'm 26. Male.

Working but on a zero hour contract but usually work the whole week (45 hrs).

That's where the good ends and the real crap begins.

I have no qualifications after getting two C's at A-level. Studying is something I find almost impossible.

I am socially awkward. I'm always afraid of what I said sounded stupid. I actively avoid any form of social activities.

I have zero friends. Yep nobody to hang out with.

Sure I say a few words to work colleagues and I think they genuinely like me but who really knows.

I've never had anything remotely like a romantic relationship and pretty much given up hope of ever finding anyone. I mean who would want to be with me anyway?

I'm boring, stupid, and unsuccessful.

I've tried taking to some girls online but after a a few sentences I can tell I'm being nothing but a boring drag.

I'm a nice guy but that gets me nowhere. Absolutely nowhere. I think I've gotten to the point where if I had a button that would kill every human being on the planet I'd push it.

When it comes to physical work and actually producing visible results at work I'm unstoppable. That's the main reason I'm called in to work as much as I am.

Work is the only good thing going on in my life right now. Without that I don't know what I'd do.

Not a day goes by where I don't think of committing suicide. But I know I won't do it. Not at this moment in time anyway.

My mind often ponders about what would be the best way to kill yourself.

Jump off a building, car wreck, dive off a cliff, hanging, slit wrists, overdose, gunshot to the head (overseas). That's as far as I've gotten.

The topic of death occupies a big part of my daydreaming. I find it fascinating. What happens when you die? Do you just switch off? Do you wake up elsewhere (life doesn't seem real to me, more like a dream). I hardly recognise myself in the mirror. It's more like looking at a stranger.

As if the other day I've started cutting at my arm. Self harm. I never thought I'd end up here.

I'm on anti depressants at the moment. I missed one dose and went very far down hill. Back up today but not fully there. Doubt I ever will be.

I don't even know why I've written all this. It's unlikely posting this here will have any effect for the better.

The best words to describe my current feelings:

Low/down, disconnected/detached, zero self worth, useless, worthless, failure, unwanted.

Of well. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Regards,

X99

17 likes, 161 replies

161 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey,

I want you to know you are not alone. After reading what you said it was as if I was reading my life. The only differences is in 53. I have not been cutting myself buy have tried suicide. In not on medication. I can't handle the feeling of not being in control.

Everyday is a struggle. People don't understand how you feel. When I see successful people I feel like I have been robbed and its not fair. I see people on FB or other social media out with friends doing things and having a great time and im at home wishing it were me. What makes this worse in married and my wife does not even understand or get it. Instead she gets mad at me and tells me to be thankful for what I have. Seriously... That's your reply to me I say and it starts a huge fight then I feel worse. I don't have any answers. I just want you to know you are not alone. I know what you are going through. Keep trying. You have a long time ahead to change things. Good luck.

• Posted

Hiya so I'm 26 and have a partner and little.boy freddie who's 2 whom I adore. I should be the happiest girl every. Atm I feel useless I live with Freddies dad whom it's his house he bought it this year but cause I couldn't a ford deposit only fair it just has his name on. I feel so alone like if we split up I would have nothing no home no furniture no friends I would be so alone. Atm iv just left my salon of 10 years to become a mobile hairdresser to try and make.more.money but only just covering my bills Atm which is. Hard cause I have to rely on partner so much. I look aty self and think my family deserve so much better than me. Idon't bring nothing to this family. Sorry I'm not.very good at expressing my self. I never ever thought I would get to this point I just got no be to talk to. WhenEvay partner goes out I get so paranoid he going to meet someone amazing that can give him everything rather than me that can bearly pay my bills.

• Posted

hey thomas

I feel the exact same way except I'm 20 but the rest is about the same... Im not married and still live with my mom. would like to just end it all but I'm too weak. I hate even going outside I am scared to be seen by people because I'm afraid I'll have to talk to them... I have no friends probably because what I just said... only friends I have are on the Internet... I haven't had real friends to hangout with in likè 2 years...

• Posted

Hey Nick

I'm like that too. I won't look at people they might want to talk to me. I can't have a conversation I lack Social skills. sad I hate going outside. I'm 24 though. You're only 20 you're just starting don't feel bad you live with your mom. Alright 👍Try to get better. Dont end it all you have a life ahead. Let a day pass when you feel really down. Time heals your thoughts will change just wait it out. Get professional help. A therapist.🙌

• Posted

Hi

Ive came across this post a few times now as like yourself I search to find answers quite regularly.

I've suffered depression in my opinion as far back as I can remember. I can actually remember the moment I think I was about 10 that I thought to myself I'm really ugly and useless and if I were not here noone would care. I remember crying then and have been since. I'm now 35

My teenage years consisted of me mostly being in my room. I did have a few friends but could never be comfortable with them. I always felt they were much more happier and outgoing than I was. We used to get ready for nights out and I'd end up fighting or arguing with them just so I could go home. I would look at them and be so jealous of how good looking they were and how nice their clothes always looked on them and how they never seemed to battle with themselves as much as I did.

Eventually over the years they disappeared. I was hard work and totally understand why they moved on and stopped making the effort with me as i made very little effort to remain friends with them. I've never had friends since then.

I have had lots of jobs which I ruined through being depressed. I have never been able to hold down a full time job because I can't get through a whole week without wanting to go into lockdown.

The worse thing about it is I have 2 children. I feel guilty every single day that I was so selfish to bring them into this world and have me as their mum. I always want to die but I can't because I'm so worried that it would really effect them. I would never want them to feel so sh*tty about life. I really try my hardest for them but I don't kid myself and know they would be better off without me in their lives. I just can't take the risk that me killing myself will not trigger some type of depression in them.

So I have resigned myself to the fact that until I do die I have to live in this pain.

I've been taking anti depressants for 15 years. They have been changed a few times throughout to try and get one that suits.

I wait for these to stop my thoughts but it doesn't happen. They basically just get me through.

I've tried counseling a few times, however because I hate leaving the house I have quite often left these sessions after a few. I have became a hostage in my own home but at the same time the outside world scares me more.

I can't say to you that things will be ok. I'm always hearing that you need to dig deep to get out of this hell. I have no strength or want to dig deep. But you must. You need to remember that your life so far cannot be defined by the way you are feeling now. If you have no kids then you have the chance now to get yourself mentally well so the same thing won't be carried on in learnt behaviour.

Your in your 20s and have a lot to offer, I can tell this as you came on here and opened up enabling others to express their feelings. You have made people feel good in themselves that they were able to write what they needed.

You may feel that you are awkward, I can see that you are special and should maybe look into counseling as a way of not just helping yourself but others.

I hope your well. And I wish you the best. I hope my struggle can help you see that your life can be different.

C

• Posted

Ciara 44423

?Thank you for your post. I have had similar feelings for so long now. This post has been very helpful!

• Posted

I am sad

Yet I love

I am mad

Still I forgive

I am meningless

But I find mening everyday

I am hollow

And I Will not give in

I Just wanna cry

I do sometimes

But also smile

For there is so mutch beauty in it all

In the end you Will be No one

So cheer up we are really nothing.

• Posted

Your words tear me up coz u have described me.
    • Posted

I Just write down what I feel... in a way I understand without saying too much or too little Just enough.
  • Posted

i just want you to know that i love you and hope it gets better
  • Posted

Hey you are better than me. I have all the problems/bad feelings that you have and I don't have a job. 

• Posted

Okay so, I am 22 years old, I only finished grade 9, dropped out of school at 16. I had severe anxiety issues and just couldn't cope with all the children at school, since they were bullying me. I am gay, I am probably the most socially awkward person ever, whenever someone gets near me I have a panic attack and start shaking. I am extremely scared of people.. It kills me to not being able to talk to anyone when I crave human interaction, acceptance and love like everyone else does. I also suffer from depression, I have no friends, my family is abusive and doesn't care much for me. No-one has ever understpod me or cared enough to try. I've always been a problem child. I used to cause a lot of trouble at school when I was younger, I even used to bully other kids. As I got older I completely changed from bullying to being bullied, some might believe maybe it's Karma's way of setting things right and maybe it is. I had a lot of friends before high school. I was a loud, obnoxious kid who got spoiled and got away with everything. Now I have nothing, I've been at home for the past 7 years. I never go out, my mom hasn't bought me any clothes in 3 years, I can feel how much I annoy them when they still feed me and I do nothing for them in return. I desperately yearn for a job and not having to feel anxious about it and all the people I'll be working with. I am also extremely emotional lately and cry a lot, whenever I hear a beautiful song or even watch a mpvie. A lot of things move me.. I have a dog. Who has helped me cope with life for the past two years, I also feel like I can't do anything because I need to be with my dog 24/7. I feel anxious when leaving him. I have never had a job.. I feel so worthless and hopeless. I am also overweight, have bad teeth because I got braces just before leaving school and only took them off a while ago. I never went back for my appointments. Too scared of judgement. I feel so ugly, empty, broken, lost, confused, bitter, angry, disconnected, scared, sad, afraid, terrified, deprived, I mostly just feel like giving up, you know? There's really no point for me to keep trying other than my dog. I honestly don't know any more. Noone even does any effort to try and help me, maybe because they have given up, too. I drank a lot of tablets earlier while Googling for painless ways to kill yourself, went to my parents afterwards and told them about it. They didn't care. I felt sick and dizzy for a few minutes.. Stumbled upon this thread. Started reading the replies and I was moved and I could relate. For some reason it inspired me to write this. I am bawling my eyes out while typing this because it makes me so sad to think I already care about all of you and can sense some sort of worth and humanity and I want you all to get better, but I cannot for the life of me feel any remorse or compassion for or/towards myself.

• Posted

Hang in there when I feel bad I listen to music some of my favorites are bounce back shake it off and rather be also re:re(don't judge)

• Posted

How are you? I am so sorry for the way you are feeling and I understand how overwhelming it all feels. But you are not broken,nor ugly. You are afraid and confused. You are, most of all I´d say, a victim or your anxiety and possibly depression- so just as if you had the flu, you are not the flu, nor guilty for having it. You did nothing to deserve anxiety, but you will be strong enough to beat it ! Because it can and will get better.

I wish I could give you a hug. I hope you don´t give up. I hope you try to find things that feel even remotely nice- a movie, a song, a book, an online community of people who understand you. Because if I get anything out of all these group and google searches is that there are sooooo many people out there suffering and struggling. And many more who are struggling while still functioning.

Would it be possible for you to try therapy? There are online versions too, which may be easier. I am certain you could benefit from it. You can learn how to be less afraid of people and situations- because there are many more really nice people, like you and everyone on this chat, who will not judge or shame you, who only want to be friends.

And know that your dog needs you- it may sound silly, but it´s true. He loves you, you´re his world. I wish I had a dog- so in that aspect you´re luckier than me.

Sorry for the rant, but I really felt the need to reply...and I really hope you are doing ok...hopefully better than on the day you posted this message.

• Posted

Hey

I just want to say People will give up on us. BUT Jesus won't give up on you, when we come into a relationship with Him we are saved. We are loved, we become sons and daughters of The Most High, so that when things go wrong ( which they still do) we know that it's only for a short time. Life here on earth is over so quick. Then there is eternity. Today is the day where we have to choose where we will spend eternity. With the Lord Jesus or without Him. I don't want anyone to be without Him. Because there is Hell.... and I don't want anyone to go there. It's only by knowing Jesus that we are saved. It's that important. When we come to Jesus we get a new life. We get a new heart. We are renewed by His word. It's the most amazing thing. I opened my heart to Jesus three years ago. It was the best decision I ever made. That doesn't mean life is easy. But I know that when I die I will be with Him

He wants you to come to Him for life, real life.

From Elizabeth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.