Feel like crying now...

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all... so frustrated... approximately 12 weeks ago I started with a constant nagging pain in my lower left pelvic area. It is constant and nothing relieves it, no painkillers or going to the toilet. At first my doc thought it was constipation and prescribed Lactulose - so I went along with it to try and clear pain & bowels, but still no relief. I was then sent for pelvic scan, my doc phoned me next day sounding quite concerned saying I needed appt with Gynecologist quite urgent as I had Fibroids, a 16mm cyst & thickening of the uterine wall which was showing a shadow. So for the next 10 days I was panicking and not sleeping.. anyway I went yesterday and he said that my ovaries look normal, cysts can come and go so nothing to worry about, and the thickening was at high end of scale but nothing to worry about... I mean wtf?? Why the urgency from my GP? I asked him about my constant pain that doesn't let up and he thinks it's from previous surgery from 2 years ago when I had mesh repair of a hernia (I've also had gallbladder removed this year too). I went back to my GP surgery same day but only a junior doc on duty but he was pretty clueless and gave me a laxative - feel like crying with this pain... it's now radiating down my front thigh and giving me cramps in my bottom and pain across my shoulders. I've been toilet no problem but still in pain. Going to bed every night at 7pm with a hot water bottle is no fun at all especially when it's been going on 10+ weeks. Hoping someone can shed some light on this please.. .. I am back at my docs this week to request further investigation.... thank you x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Please keep pushing your doctor. I had a similar problem with a fibroid and when they operated my intestines were stuck to my organs. If you need to change consultant, wishing you lots of luck keep us informed
    • Posted

I'm definitely pushing for further investigation Caroline... I can't cope with this pain any longer... it's constant.. no relief... Back to my GP tomorrow... x

• Posted

I'm glad your going back, i had the same thing for 4 years. My consultant removed my ovaries i also had cysts in them, my appendix were also inflamed i was in so much pain sounds very much like you are in a similar position. Wishing you a happy conclusion.

• Posted

Hi smiggerr15

You don't say how old you are...

What are your periods like are they very heavy and painful..if fibroids are the problem they would affect your periods..this happened with my daughter who's periods were horrendously painfull and extremely heavy and lasting for a week or more...she has since had a hysterectomy and is fine...as for the cysts on the ovaries i had them and it eventually shrunk but was not as big as yours mine was 4.5mm......but they should keep an eye on it..ask your doc if she will have a CA125 blood test done this will show if ovarian cancer is likely.....have you had an x-rays on your thighs and hips and shoulders if not request them ....you may be developing hip problems or bursitis....especially with pain in the hip bones in your bottom, and thighs.....do you get groin pain aswell?......

• Posted

Hi Lillian..

It feels like general pain radiating down my thighs and into my bottom... all coming from the ovary area... no hip pain as such... It's horrible... dull ache... but steadily getting worse... it even hurt when I had internal scan when they pushed too much... I'm still convinced it's my ovaries.. or at least in that area... I'm definitely pushing for further investigation... x

• Posted

I had subtotal hysterectomy for a large fibroid but that was at 48. Lazer sorted a cyst on 1 ovary. Perhaps a CT scan or MRI would show more detail. Are you seeing a gynaecologist? GP will only have limitrd experience. Fiboids should shrink with the menopause!

my fibroids were discovered at family planning clinic!

good luck

• Posted

Sorry, forgot to mention my age... I'm 62.. not had period for approx 4 years now... Thanks you for replying guys xx

• Posted

Hi smigger15

Happy to help!..Yes, do not be fobbed off keep pushing you are entitled to a second opinion...and do ask for the CA 125 blood test to put your mind at rest.....best wishes.....

• Posted

Gallbladder removal can cause complications such as pain.  I would ask your doctor about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.