Feel like fainting most of the time, 4 weeks Post SVT Ablation.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’m 4 weeks Post SVT Ablation and am feeling sick, weak, short of breath and the worst is this horrible lightheaded feeling that I’m going to faint. Feels like I’m going to have an SVT episode where your heart stops, 

I’ll be walking then bam I feel like I’m going to faint. Then it goes away, 20/30 seconds later I feel another fainting spell coming on. This happens over and over till I lie down for a while. Doctors have run a battery of tests, all coming back normal.

Any other Post SVT Ablation patients 

having similar issues.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Your heart is going to be healing for a few months at least, your heart may still be wanting to go into SVT and can’t anymore which may be why you feel a little faint. Seen as though the doctors say you’re fine I think it’s just a waiting game and hopefully the more your heart heals the less the dizzy spells will get. I wasn’t 100% for the first couple of months, I was very tired a lot and couldn’t stand for long but I’m fine now. It’s just healing, enjoy the rest whilst you can and I’m sure you’ll be back to your normal self very soon! All the best! 

• Posted

Hi 

I’ve had 2 ablations which unfortunately didn’t work and now have a pacemaker so that they can increase my medication to try and stop the AF. The reason was because my heart when in AF and was trying to correct itself kept dropping very low and then leaping back up again which cause a dreadful feeling of lightheaded ness as if I was going to faint. It could just settling down but try and take it a bit easy and give it some time and I do hope the ablation has worked for you as I know how stressful it all is. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.