feel like giving up!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have anxiety and OCD and was taking

Sertraline for 8 years until it pooped out, I

Then went onto citalopram and then escitalopram which finally worked for both my

Anxiety and OCD and I felt great for 4

Months, was having cbt as well which

Helped a great deal. But the last 3 weeks I

Feel the anxiety coming back and a little

Bit of the ocd also and I'm devastated,

I'm worried nothing is ever going to work

Long term, my ears are ringing all the time,

I'm fed up of changing medications as

The anxiety increases and is awful, I can

Manage most of my thoughts but some

I cant. I just wanna feel normal and get on

With my life. I'm constantly worrying I'm

Going to be like this forever! Some ssri's are

Too activating so I dread trying new ones.

I'm back doing cbt again I feel like a failure!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Never give up as a solution! It isnt one. Look at everything like a planted seed in the ground and understand at the miment you think its time to give up..the seedling appears. Thats life. Never give up. You are not a failure you are a warrior and fighting a very hard battle inside of you. All meds have side effects and at times yes they make things worse.never give up. There are things im postive you have not tried either. A clean diet..a heart smart diet. No caffiene at all. No junk food.if god didnt vreate it dont eat it. Drink lots of ph balanced water. Take vitmin D, B comolex suppliment and a b12 sublingual suppliment. Tru juicing. There are so many avenues you have not tried, so no its not time to give up its time to buckle yourself in for the ride and make hard changes that require a lot of energy and work. Lastly work out. No matter how crappy you feel do thirty minutes a day of cardio excersises. I am positive within two weeks of this you will feel a change.learn yoga and meditation. Sounds corny but it teaches you self calming and how to positively attactch to your body. Never give up.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for replying, I just want

Something to work longer while I fight this horrible anxiety and OCD, I was

Doing so well up to this point! Wish I was normal. X

• Posted

You need a counselors help or your doc in properly weaning off the medication that no longer is working as well. That will take a long time nd go very slowly but better for your body then just adding another one and staying on it. When your doc adds another one tell him you want to wean off the other ine as it is no longer useful and you dont want to keep putting useless meds theough your system or your liver. They will greend help you.
    • Posted

Its when they ween me off medication

And start a new one that I'm at my

Worst. Hate it, feel like I go back to square one again. X

• Posted

Yes. Your body has to continually readjust and its having a difficult time but well worth the end result. I went off meds twenty years ago it was an amazingly rough ride but i knew it had to be done. I wont go into details but it was rough and guess what it was all well worth it in the end. All these oills have consequences. They just do but your body is way ohysically stringer then you can even realize.just know its oart of the body recorrecting itself ad it does. You cant stay on it its useless and the new ned will eventually kick in. It is temporary. Keep that in mind no matter whts happening it will stop when it readjusts. And also you need to remember in between weaning off one and going on another is that time frame in between that actually initially brought you to the point of needing the medicine in the first place. So hold on and you will see IT WILL GET BETTER. Be patient and maybe best to do this with a counselor in tow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.