Feel like giving up.......

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on celexa for 7 weeks now and I’ve been on 20mg for a week and a half for anxiety and depression.  The side effects have faded but the anxiety remains. I’ve had some good times but mainly bad. I wake up in full blown anxiety every morning and it can calm down occasionally. I just can’t relax and enjoy things that used to anymore.  There is just no energy in me. I do go to cbt every week to assist. I feel like giving up on the meds. This really bums me out. I just want to go back to work and be healthy again.  Any other suggestions? I take it in the am around 5 am every morning. 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Just stick to it for a few more weeks... u will get there, the morning anxiety is the last to go.... That’s my advice but u all ready know that winkwinkwinksmile
  • Posted

Try taking it in the afternoon, just stick with it it takes a while to work. I was probably 3 months before I really felt myself again.

• Posted

Ok thank you guys! What dose were you on? I did take it in the evenings at first and moved to day to see if that would help it made no difference. Still tired, anxious and can’t function. 
  • Posted

It sounds like 20mg may not be a sufficient dose to help with anxiety.  I'd say give it another week to see how it's working.  In the meantime, you could talk to your doctor for help with anxiety [small quantity of anxiety med - ie: Xanax] until 20mg kicks in.

Otherwise - doctor will probably recommend taking a higher dose [30mg or 40mg].  If that doesn't work - then you could always switch to a different SSRI.

Hopefully 20mg works for you!

• Posted

My doctor called me to see how I was doing and she suggested upping it. She called in an order of 40 mg pills so I can cut them and titrate up upon my descesion. She did give me kolonopin, Valium and xanex to try out. I’ve tried the klonopin and it just didn’t seem to cut it. I do not want to become addicted to somthing so I have not investigated the others too much. Thank you for your response. 
  • Posted

Definitely hang in there a few more weeks. I've been on them a couple of months and the morning anxiety is just starting to go. Not every day but so much better. I'm on 30mg. Thinking of going up to 40mg. I had them in the past and they worked so well. I promise you will turn a corner soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.