Feel like giving up

Posted , 7 users are following.

wondering what life would be like without me being here, would so much easier and less stressful. Feel like in overloaded and just had enough 😔😔

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

((((HUGS))))

i no its easy for me to say be strong but im not you....everyone deals with stress in there own way

whats causing you to feel soo down?

i hope you have a better day tomorrow x

• Posted

Don't ever give up no matter what the situation is. You are a special person in your own way, you have unique qualities. Life can get pretty tough at times and yes giving up may seem like the only answer but trust me you will get through this. If sometimes you are feeling down having a chit chat with someone can massively change your mood. Please don't give up for us because you mean a lot to people and never forget that!xxx
    • Posted

Tell me about, just 1 of those days, hopefully tomorrow will be better. Thanks emillia29rolleyes
  • Posted

Hi Michelle for those who love and care about you it wouldn't be easier or less stressful it would be horrendous.  They would miss you so much and would blame themselves for not being able to help you.   Do you want to wish them on them?    What's going on?  Can you talk about it please?    We are all here for you.  Bev x
    • Posted

Thanks Dawn.   I can talk sense sometimes smile  Bev x
    • Posted

Thank you bev, I must sound so self obsorbed in my own self pity, just wonder how much more I can take on board.

Thank you everyone for your kind messages xx

hope everyone has else is ok, thanks for reading

💐💐💐💐

• Posted

You are welcome Michelle.   We are all entitled to self pity sometimes and there is nothing wrong in it.    You have got a lot on your plate and I hope it helped you to get it off your chest here.    Hang on in there love as things usually get better in time.    Hugs  Bev xx

• Posted

Hi Bev

hahahahaha  yeah me too smile

i love the forums they make you feel part of the human race so to speak

Dawn x

• Posted

maybe this whole feeling of having enough will lead to pushing thru it. Giving up on yourself is one thing, temporarydoing anything to endthing permant is a terrible idea. We all have souls and you are here for a reason, your soul has to learn something so dont mess with fate. It cant go well. Work on finding treatment and self developement until science figures this all out and they will. Taking a while because fda has to s of rules and needs to s of trials before anything is allowed into the public. Which is a good mostly, but hard in anyone who needs a better treatment. And if thats your cat you would devaste him/her. So hold on.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

Sending you a big hug and encouraging you to take small steps and allow yourself time to rearrange the load you are carrying or even step back from some of it for a while. If my struggle with chronic depression over the past year has taught me anything as far as coping for one more day, it's this:

There are things in my life causing me stress that are beyond my control. I may not be able to get rid of the problem straight away, but I can take control of my reaction to the stress while I'm waiting to solve the problem.

Some problems seem like mountains and I just can't face dealing with them. If I can break the problemn down, I can deal with a little bit at a time, as and when I'm ready. This gives me a sense of control and achievement which can boost my self-confidence.

The road to recovery will be up and down so don't get too disappointed with setbacks along the road. These are just pauses so don't let them rob you of the progress you have made. I've read how some people keep a journal so they can remind themselves of the positives when the negative cloud descends and the depression whispers its lies in your ear.

Let those around you know how you are feeling and what your boundaries are. Learn to say "no" or "not yet" according to how much energy you have. This can be the most difficult of all because we often keep our mask up for those who spend most time with us. But you need to prioritise your needs sometimes, otherwise you won't be in a fit state to give anything.

I read somewhere recently that if you want your life to change then you have to make changes in your life. If the same-old, same-old is overwhelming you, then bottom line is that something's got to give. This may mean taking a break from something in your life which is proving unhelpful, or giving yourself some distance from a relationship that is putting pressure on your coping strategies.

I'm not saying any of this stuff is easy when you feel low and under pressure. They are things that help me reset my negative thinking and make it through one more day.

You have a lot of friendly support here Michelle so keep us updated on how things are going for you. I think you are a survivor :-) Good luck!

Digsby x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.