Feel like giving up

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been feeling off since November and just cannot seem to figure out what's going on. It seems as though every month that passes, a new symptom arises. Today I'm having an MRI of my ear for unilateral hearing loss only to be followed up on Tuesday with the ENT for an abnormally enlarged lymph node. I've recently had a change in my bowel habits and have been suffering from on and off fatigue since November. I've had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, blood work, abdominal ultrasound and have yet to be diagnosed with anything

My family feels as though I'm being a hypochondriac but as some of you know, you just know when you're not feeling yourself and I know in my heart that something is going on. I'm really worried about this lymph node in my neck and I feel I cannot discuss it with my family because they're a little sick of hearing about my medical maladies.

Any encouraging words or similar stories would really be uplifting right now. I just feel so depressed with all of these things going on I feel rather alone and praying for a diagnosis

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What part of your body is the enlarged lymph node, how long its been its been there.? 

ENT has evaluated it and scheduled any biopsy

• Posted

It's my right jugular node. And no, the ENT will see me Tuesday. My original ENT looked at the node ultrasound and determined an emergency appointment wasn't needed with him (he's a high profile guy and doesn't have appointments till late April) He said if I wanted it looked at I could schedule with another guy within the practice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.