Feel like I am dying

Posted , 5 users are following.

About me [

Hello I am 28 years old male and suffered all the time from General panic attacks people say it's just in my make up I had a break down around 3 years ago where I thought I was dyin couldn't sleep eat scared to go out the house my doctor put me on sertraline and after a week or 2 I started getting back to normal but Saturday gone was my stag do I drank from 9am till 3 am following morning I also did cocaine which I never do and also hardly never drink I got up Friday and from then on back to the time I first got it when I thought I was losing my Mind and dying can't sleep went to the doctors and he put me up to 100 mg and 10 diazepam to calm me down can anybody help or been in same place thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey Bobby. I think i have had similar issues with the feeling like dying, and the panic attacks. I had gone without them for long stretches, and think I am out in the clear, but  then they come back. I find the stress of a new challenge can bring them out, or big change triggers the same part of the brain. Stag and do might have been a trigger? The attacks have made me very aware of what I put in my body, and I have gave up pot and I am very careful with my booze now. Haven't done shrooms or coke in years.  mostly out of fear of where my mind would go. I hate the idea of meds, so I am trying the opposite. Meditate, loving people, future related thoughts centred around my goals. Also, I find this message board helps a bit. I spend some time on here and I feel less alone and like I am confronting the issue. It's important to note that I have an issue with talkign to people about my panic attacks. Best wishes! 
    • Posted

Thanks for reply just glad I no I arnt alone and not the only one tht has felt like it.this is the 4th day now after my stag and getting better by the day still getting them horrible wooshes through my body tho but they pass eventually
    • Posted

You're totally not alone. Improvment is always good. And congrats on the new chapter in your life! One of my loses last year was my fiancee. We were together seven years. I envy your relationship. Best wishes with it! Cheers! 
    • Posted

Sorry to here that sure u will find somebody else only thing that annoys me is my girlfriend is nothing like me she just tells me to get a grip of my self but only if she had ever had anxiety or panic attacks she would no it's easier said than done .
    • Posted

The worst thing a person can say to a person in panic, is to "get over it". Try to find people that will tell you "everything is okay"!!!
  • Posted

The cocaine comedown can highly contribute to what you are feeling. I remember days i thought i was dying too, back in the days. Just give it a day or 2 and you'll be back to normal. Also, stop with the cocaine, it's a horrible deug (especially for people who suffer panic attacks).
    • Posted

Thanks very much mate like my doctor said it will have shot my antidepressants all over the place so just give me some diazepam for couple of days until tablets kick back in I just can't stand the horrible wooshes through my body and yes will not be doin drugs any more
  • Posted

Hi bobby

This is classic I could have written this post

Myself

I used to get the same feelings of panic

Anxiety , I'm dying scenario all the time

And I would also swear I wouldn't do it again lol

But time and time again I would find myself

Panicking , I'm dying scenario

This happened to me all the time especially

If I'd not slept and continued drinking

There would come a certain time the next day when it would start it was hell

It seems there's an illusion when you don't get sleep that triggers anxiety all made the worse by drinking and in your case even worse by dabbling with a class a

I promised myself that there wouldn't be a next time as I wasn't suffering another episode , but at a young age it would happen again & again , it's as if I was waiting on it happening I knew it was gonna

Happen

Sometimes it was worse than others depending how much drink / sleep I had

Eventually I realised this was a bad problem and only drank occasionally

Thus avoiding a full blown panic episode

And also getting atleast some sleep

Regards daz

• Posted

Thanks for the reply glad it will just pass and yes no more drugs or drink for me only drink in moderation now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.