Feel like I am withdrawing from Sertraline but I'm not!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been taking Sert. for around four years now, I have varied my dose a couple times between 50mg and 100mg but have been on 100mg again for about 8 months. Anyway, the past two days I am getting all the withdrawal symptoms I have had before when coming off the meds but I am still taking the meds and haven't missed any... Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this please?

The symptoms in particular I have are brain zaps, empty feeling in my stomach, eyes not focusing properly and hot and cold flashes.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello carnaby,

I have been on zoloft alittle over 8 months. I started on 50, about 4 months i had to increase to 100. now it feels like I might have to increase again. I was feeling great in August and September but October brought back my anxiety, not as bad but its there. I am alittle confused but hoping u get some replies that will help you and me also. sorry wasn't any help .🤔

• Posted

just a thought but have either of you changed your brand?

• Posted

No, i haven't. really don't want to start over again

was hoping that i just have to increase alittle. when I take my ativan I'm fine. 🤔

• Posted

sorry didn't phrase that question too well, I meant as in still sertraline but a different brand name. yes maybe an increase may help see what your dr thinks or it maybe just a blip. hope you feel more settled soon

• Posted

i thought the same Sue, once when my brand of sertraline changed from one brand to another (still both sertraline but a different manufacturer) i had withdrawal effects. Doctors will tell you it doesnt matter what brand you get but it does bring side effects. However if this is the case you should only have these effects for around a week.

if it isn't to do with the brand it likely means you need to increase to 125 or 150 especially as you have been on them for 4 years. good luck x

• Posted

i've not no 😦 the symptoms aren't as bad today as yesterday but its still getting in the way of life if you know what i mean.

• Posted

Thanks Sue, no I'm taking the same med from same company. it could be a blip , I'm going to wait till Monday,and if I'm the same I'll give my doctor a call. greatly appreciated ur advice.

• Posted

I think that is a plan. you still have some scope re going up maybe just another 25mgs might see you right but dr will advise you. try not to dwell on it too much, just let it be, go about your business tell your feelings they can sit there with you or clear off and see what monday brings x

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean, there are still things I do not feel comfortable doing but I try to as best I can, anxiety = avoidance then it has won! do not battle with it take it with you not the other way round. see how you feel over the next few days if no better then speak to your dr.

• Posted

might be a dif generic brand happened to me for a month before

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.