Feel like I cant breath

Posted , 5 users are following.

So anxiety has come back with avengence this week. I have had a crap weeks sleep waking in the night so I think that is contributing and also because I'm on holiday in a caravan so somewhere new, no the my safe place which is home. I feel okay for half of The day but for the last half I've been having panic attacks. The normal impending doom feeling, like I'm going to pass out and the can't catch my breath feeling and wanting to escape. I was in the supermarket earlier in the queue and was panicking and so wanted to just run out the shop but I didn't. Now tonight I feel like I can't breathe and I'm not getting enough air, I feel tired and my eyes feel tired so it's effecting my sight and it's scaring me. When my breathing gets affected it panics me more and the fact it's been like This for the past few hours. Is this really anxiety?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm the same I'm currently sitting on the floor outside cod I'm panicky for the 13th time today n panicking more via my chest hurts
    • Posted

This so scary I have a very bad phobia of fainting as well so scared in case I can't breathe properly and faint I've had 4 2mg diazepam today and still I'm having panick attacks my partner is no help either he doesn't give a sh*t n just shouts which doesn't help! Just want to stop panicking and my chest to stop hurting
  • Posted

Look up saint johns wort supplement and the effect of bananas on the minds pleasure recepters. Also look up the effects of seratonin deficiency and the foods thats contains this very vital gift from God your mind so craves.

Emotional note

find the one true happy place thats lies inside of you. once you learn to truly love yourself and remember that you are one with all of existence. all illusions of anxiety and panic shall fall. Fear has smoke and mirrors but in the end its still an illusion of the wondering mind.

• Posted

The symptoms you describe are those of a panic attack.  Something triggers the "fight or flight" response in your body. You then start breathing heavily etc. You notice that you are breathing heavily and that frightens you. That amplifies the fight or flight response etc etc.  A vicious circle.  

I had an attack for 8 hours in March 2015.  I found that the way to stop it is to UNDERSTAND that your body is tricking you. You have no reason to fight or flee.    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.