Feel like I have an aneurysm

Posted , 2 users are following.

About two months ago I started having chest pains along with back and left shoulder arm pain. I went to the ER 3 times because I thought I was going to die. They ran blood tests X-RAY and EKGs all came back fine and told me nothing is wrong with me and sent me home. Followed up with my physician and did an echo since I have some characteristics of someone who has Marfan (tall skinny lanky long face) but echo came back fine. Now I sometimes have pains that radiate all the way from my left side to my left leg same thing from the base of my skull to my upper back. Also can visibly see my pulse through my stomach. Headache started two weeks ago and is constant. I am very doubtful it has to do with anxiety or stress as my life was not stressful at all when the pain started plus I took anxiety meds which didn't help to rule it out. Pain is constantly there mostly on my left side where the heart is and I am terrified it is an aneurysm since I don't think any of those tests would have caught that. I stopped working out completely as I am scared my "imaginary" aneurysm would burst if I raise my blood pressure or do any movements to aggrevate it. It is affecting every aspect of my life tremendously and I am lost don't know what to do anymore and feel like I'm going to die at any moment. Would appreciate any advice as to how you found out you had it or what were your symptoms. Please if you could be very specific. Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am 29 btw no high cholesterol active never smoked - but there's this undiagnosed Marfan thing that's a possibility. I've been just sitting and or lying in my bed for the last 2 months until the doctors figure what I have. Also important to mention I am not a complainer or anything I haven't been to the doctor in several years. I truly feel that something is not right with my body.

• Posted

where do you live, I can't get any dr around here to give me EKG around here in the US around the Midwest, I guess it is too expensive and no one will accept the responsibility to follow up on aortic surgery patients.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.