Feel like I have nothing to wake up for anymore :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 26 years old still living at home with my mum and younger sister. Moved house every few years so always been unsettled moved to Faversham last year so far away from any friends I did see back in my other town. I have no job and no boyfriend and no friends round here. I also don't drive failed my driving test this year so now my theory has expired again, got a shop job when I moved here and started going out with a guy from work that went wrong I broke up with him then ended up quitting the job as I felt so messed up mentally. Such a shame cos I know how intelligent I am and how young and fortune I am in the looks department even though I don't eat healthy at all I'm still very slim and I'm always told how pretty I am. I've started seeing a counsellor who I like and I'm on sertraline 50mg just coming up to a month. Nothing interests me anymore even watching tv or a film went cinema last night and couldn't even concentrate fully coz of my damn mind all over the place. I don't wanna kill myself cos I know how good things could be and hopeful for that but at the same time the position I'm in right now I can truly understand how people can end it ??

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I made a promise three years ago not to kill myself. I also realize that things do get better, especially if I ask for help. Right now I'm allergic to so many different foods that bring on my hallucinations from Mirtazapine withdrawal. I live with three selfish nuts.However, I will continue to hang on anyway.

• Posted

Hi,

It's really good to read that you have a positive & realistic outlook on your life even though you are going through a tough time and things aren't quite right at the moment. Hang in there - things will get better. Sometimes, with depression, we can feel overwhelmed and the easiest step forward is just to change one thing in your life at a time: it doesn't have to be a massive change, as long as it makes a difference to the way you see yourself. It's possible that some talking therapy might help you to see a way forward. Please keep believing in yourself and focussing on all the good things that you have going in your life - it's when the negative things dominate your thoughts that you can find all your energy sapped. Is there anyone you can talk things over with? Take care and be strong :-)

• Posted

There aren't a lot of people to talk to right now. Also I'm broke and looking for a job. I really need money.

• Posted

I pray a lot. I also I just realized not to get my feelings hurt by the people I live with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.