Feel like I'll lose control

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have this weird feeling in my head it's very frustrating like I just want to scream or swear, it's makes me feel like I'll lose control and act on my thought of losing control and hurting someone which I would never ever want to do, I'm so stuck in this feeling like it want ever go away, I can't get to sleep because the feeling becomes so intense I need to get up and walk around and remind myself I'm not going to do anything, which is hard as the feeling is so real and scary, and now I can't look forward to the next day as it's the hardest struggle to deal with as its like I'm battling a war everyday I'm so scared that I'm actaully mental and will act on this thought as its so real and scary, I'm so depressed I just want to end my life so I do t have to suffer and crying to my family as that have to keep an eye on me at all times because I'm so down and sad, please help am I actaully going insane or is it just anxiety ocd and worrying and will it go away as I can't see any way out

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No please don't do anything to yourself. There is help. Have you told your parents about your thoughts maybe the parent you're more comfortable talking too. Tell them. I'm sure they will help you. Think about your family. Please don't ever do it. It would hurt them so much. You're their child. Depression really puts bad thoughts on our head but we should not listen to them now if you feel you might and they are causing you trouble. Like it seems it is. Get help. Your parents will be there for you. We are here too!🙏💖I understand the feeling of wanting to scream. I actually did do it when I was in my mom's vehicle. It's all the anger, frustrations,  all our troubles. You feel the need to scream and vent out. Do it👍 if it will make you feel better and you find a relieve from it. I certainly do. I scream at the top of my lungs it only happened twice and we were driving. It relieves stress. If you tell your parents they can get a therapist and if they tell them it's urgent in this case it seems. The therapist will put an appointment right away. Hope you get help. You can get better!👍💖💕💕

• Posted

Sam. Please don't hurt yourself. Find someone to talk to. In my opinion this sounds like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It is a type where instead of 'obsessing' about hygeine, for example; the obsessions are about negative thoughts, particularly the thought of yourself harming someone. My husband suffered with, + recovered from, this. It is very frightening +real. In order to prevent himself harming others (that was his obsessive fear; not actual reality) he harmed himself with many suicide attempts +self-injuries. He had CBT with a psychologist to recover. Your life is worth fighting for. You need to ask for help. Good luck!

• Posted

I had a very similar experience.  I had fears of losing control and harming others or myself.  They came out of nowhere and felt very powerful and scary.  It wasn't a desire to do anything bad, I never felt the urge to do anything bad.  It was just a fear, like, "what if I lost control?".   

I came to learn that these are called "intrusive thoughts".  They are a symptom of OCD and Anxiety for some. There are many good articles and videos about this.  The first step to combating these is to understand what they are and why they are happening.  You'll find that, most importantly, the fact that you are afraid of these thoughts is actually a good thing.  People who are violently psychotic do not fear these thoughts, it is a natural state for them.  The fact that you are afraid indicates, without doubt, that you are in control and it is only just a random fear or thought.  

Do some reading and watch some videos on "intrusive thoughts".  Practicing mindfulness was probably the single best method I used to get over this.  Once you can separate your thoughts from your mind, and realize that your thoughts and fears are almost all coming from external sources (Things you read, things you see on TV, things you overhear walking down the road) you can begin to eliminate the fear behind the thoughts.

• Posted

I do the same thing!!! It’s terrifying! I’m pretty sure I have pure-o. If you a Facebook you can add me. Cara Madden

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.