Feel like I'm a burden

Posted , 7 users are following.

why do I feel like a burden to everyone, especially to the ones who know. I feel that they are not interested or I don't know if it's me or I'm right in my thinking. I hate it!!!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You are not a burden your a person and you are valuable don't let anyone or anything bring you down. Only stay close to the ones who love you. Unfortunately in life this happens to us don't let anyone bring you down. You can raise above this don't give up.
  • Posted

Its just your mind, I feel the same way at times.. try to dismiss it from your mind, ( easier said than done I know ) but you must stay strong, your good days will return & you will see these thoughts for what they are, a symptom of your depression.

• Posted

Try changing what you tell yourself, often telling yourself you're not good enough will make you focus on the bad and not the good. This explains why people who are confident in a certain area, say artists for example, tend to excel at what they do. I tell myself I can easily get a job and consequently have had success in finding paid work in difficult situations PS getting a job helped me after a bout of clinical depression. I suggest thinking about someone you love and how you treat them...think about it before reading on...now try treating yourself like that, 10 days, set reminders. Take yourself on a date-sounds weird, but I've read it before: it's also the method I'm trying at the moment. If you want someone to talk to I'm on here every now and again, for some reasons I get posts about discussions to my inbox. Anyway, takes me out of my own head so don't mind
    • Posted

Also, do you find that telling yourself negative things makes you feel bad instantly? If I say I am horrible, I am not even finished the sentence and my stomach burns. If I say I am human, pretty good, okay, etc, I feel a lot better. For the sake of my poor burnt out stomach, I try to remember to say the nice things smile
  • Posted

Hi there, please go to your local library or bookstore and pick up a copy of Feeling Good by Dr Burns. That book has saved my life several times and all of my past counsellors, psychiatrists and therapists have a copy. In it you will learn how your brain starts thinking negatively when you are depressed -- and what you are feeling/thinking now is very common. You are NOT a burden. And guess what? Even if you were, so what? who isn't a burden sometimes? That's why this forum is here, to help you see that you are like many, many others. You are not alone, you are not a failure, you are not a burden. You are a human with issues. Just like everyone else. smile
    • Posted

Thank you Sarah.  I will look up the book you suggest.  Interesting.  You say such nice things!!  Bless you. 
  • Posted

I hope you do not feel like a burden on me, because you are defiantly NOT. Keep in touch. I will message you tomorrow to see how things are. Night night try getting some sleep.
  • Posted

It is your depression talking.  I have felt lijke that in the past.  We are not a burden, but we just think we are.  Depression makes us have negative feelings and thoughts. 

I think we imagine what others are thinking about us.  How can we know what they are thinking?  Please accept it is the illness that makes you feel like this.

• Posted

You are not a burden to anyone they may not tell you that they love you but they do , we have to think positive we all have good qualities in our selves and people are interested in you ,we all have good qualities think about that when you have negative thoughts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.