Feel like I'm going Backwards 😒

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since my THR LH. I have been Mr positive ok I have whinged about knee pain 😂. But this last couple of days I feel like my recovery is in reverse. Started to get lower back pain on op side, knee still won't bend and is sore to touch and now the top of my thigh is aching. So of course the mind being what it is I'm convincing myself that the Hip has moved and it's all a disaster. I'm at PT on Friday so will be Asking as much as I can.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Johny, We all have been through the ok then not ok bit.Β 

It sounds like the muscles are tight and there is one muscle that goes from the back to the hip. Mine still tightens up 21 months on. My Osteopath sorts it out for me. I occasionally get aching thigh. usually means I have overdone it, and you have to remember that the muscles take two years to heal.

Keep positive smile

It may all be to do with the way you are walking and that can affect the knee.Β 

Keep positive, see what your PT says.

• Posted

dear johnygail, 

so sorry to hear this ... little comfort but it is normal --

you still are early in recovery from a major invasive surgery where muscles and tendons were cut, joint forcefully removed after heavy maipulation of leg, space prepared to have hardware banged in, etc ...

your knee might have been overstretched  during the manipulation and muscles are still painful - adding to it that you are probably doing your exercises and walking, it all rests on your knee - 

are you taking your pain medication as prescribed ?it is better to stay ahead of the pain than wait until pain gets too severe so you can't move -- 

when is your next appointment with surgeon? 

all the niggles and pains you feel are part of the healing process,darling - I did not know that I had so many muscles in my body that were affected by this surgery - 

it takes time, so be kind to yourself, okay ... as said before; this is not a sprint, but a gentle marathon -

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

They only have me a weeks worth of med's I have been on paracetamol. Not much else really

• Posted

just checking in with you ...

paracetamol might not be strong enough and maybe, if needed, you can ask for a refill of your pai Β meds ...

remember though that your body has been compensationg for bad hip for some time and is now adjusting it self to your new found posture -

this requires time to adjust -

your PT will be a good help to monitor the way you walk ... baby steps, darling ... learning how to walk again -

take care and let us know how you are getting on, okay

angel blessings

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.