feel like i'm going mad

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anxiety has been really bad this last month but especially the last week. I feel so emotional and will just cry at anything, I am freaking out as usual with my chest pains and relating it to heart issues. i've had all the other usual symptoms too of headaches, dizzyness, chest pain and arm pain, chest palpitations, blurred vision, but i just feel like i'm going a bit mad from it all, things really work me up and i sit here worrying about everything and theres a part of me that just doesnt know what to do with myself...i dont know whether to cry, scream, get up and walk anywhere. i just feel like i need to release something, i look back on what i'm writing like now and think people will think i'm crazy sad i've so had enough of anxiety

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

You are not crazy!!! I'm going through the same thing!! I've been crying all week!!

I just got back on my meds so hoping they help soon.

You have support? On meds?

I'm sorry you are feeling this way!! I totally in the same boat sad

• Posted

Thank you i just feel so run down from it all and not being able to get through it.

I have good support i do i just feel an idiot for keep going on about it daily over and over again the same things. i am on sertraline but quite a small dose

Sorry to hear you are also feelin like it, its awful it really is x

• Posted

Anxiety is so so awful!! No one understands unless they been through it!!

So exhausting!! But we have to think positive!!! It's hard but we can do it!!

Anxiety is scary and lonely .

I hate it but we can get through this!!

• Posted

How long have u been on sertraline and what dose r u on? X
    • Posted

I've been on sert for 23 days now 50mg and the first week or so u will feel like how your describing Hun, it gets worse before it gets better, it takes 4-12 to feel the benefits but the side effects should ease by week 2 and be gone by week 4, if not then u might need yo up your dose x
    • Posted

i've been on it a couple of months i was on 50mg but they recently upped it to 100mg. I just seem to feel worse and worse as each day goes on and it just makes me wonder is it actually Anxiety or a problem thats getting worse. back to doctors tomorrow x
  • Posted

Can you get some help from your go? Or get a phych referral
    • Posted

I'm back and forth to my gp at the moment, ive been referred to a wellbeing service too which i'm just waiting to hear back from 
  • Posted

Its your lymphatic system, do some research on that topic, I overcame it took 26 years for them to figure it out
  • Posted

If you keep taking all that medication it will stop but that means your lymphatic system has stopped too, then you will start retaining fluid and have more health problems, you have to find the underlying problem doctors call everything they cant figure out anxiety
  • Posted

Hows things Kerrianne ?
    • Posted

Hi Jimmy

Not brilliant but better. Haven't felt so out of control of things. My appointment with my go got cancelled so I'm due to go again in just over a week. Just need a bit of reassurance I think. Tried to start doing a bit of physical activity/exercise but my heart rate just goes sky high and makes me panic. Really hope things improve soon as it's a struggle to cope sometimes

• Posted

Im on propanol, more so as diazapam will be illegal going forward to use if your driving. Perhaps the GP can prescribe that, it lower you blood pressure and remove the chest pain and fluttery heart
    • Posted

Certainly sounds like something that would help. I'm seeing a different doctor than normal when I go so I can get a second opinion and hopefully be able to progress. It just feels like something isn't quite right
    • Posted

Im on 40mg for Anxiety 3 times a day. But  you may start on 20mg to see how it is with you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.