Feel like I'm having an allergy attack!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Earlier on I had Chinese food, although a few hours after my lips started to swell, my eyelids are still red and sticky, my pupils started dilating and then my throat started to feel like it was closing up on me, I also had a red rash on my chest which has disappeared and this is the first time that this has ever happened to me, I'm scared, Should I go to the hospital now or leave it?

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's died down now but should I make a doctors appointment tomorrow just to be safe?
  • Posted

First thing that came to mind is MSG, whenever I eat chinese food it's always without MSG added in the cooking.....many restaurants here in the U.S. do not use MSG now......but many still do.

Chinese food is yummy, but truly not the healthiest, lots of sodium and other cooking chemicals......drink lots of water and keep calm...I would not go to hospital.....it's probably like I mentioned. j

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.