Feel like I’m locking up. So scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having problems for a year now. Tingling, head pressure, fatigue. But recently I m getting this intense stiffness. Its kind of like the pressure it my head. Feels like my legs especially are very stiff and might cramp at any moment. My neck is also stiff and sometimes it feels like its hard to yawn/swallow. I am terrified of this new symptom. I have not been diagnosed with anything yet though I have been through many tests. 

Does anyone else get this. I guess I just need some reassurance. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi It is scary but non life threatening. Usually happens if taking certain medications .
  • Posted

Hi Carrie, 

Yes I had all the above hit me hard last year. It happened when I went to tie my shoelaces. If I bent down I had head pressure and pain. Then if I coughed my head hurt or if I sneezed. Then the phlegm started and it drive me nuts. Then I started gettin horrific panic attacks and was hospitalized 3x. I went to ENT dr 3x and he put me on Zyrtec and no help Claritin no help Allegra no help Flonase no help. I went to my GP Dr and nothing. I went to two neurologist and nothing. I did acupuncture and it helped for short term. I went for all scans X-rays and nothing. I found a neurologist referred to me from my opthamologist. This neurologist had me do MRI and cat scan,

He diagnosed me with anxiety. I’m on celexa 10 mg and after 24 weeks I’m feeling so much better. Just my experience I wanted to share with you. I’m very active eat good have a great family great job (high pressure job) which is probably putting me into the grave but I enjoy it! Go figure. 

Will😎 hope this helps you. I’m here if you have any other questions. 

• Posted

I don’t judge about anti depressants. This stuff is so overwhelming you have to do what you have to do. I haven’t wanted to take them myself at this point. 
    • Posted

anti depressants can take two years to get off, their efficacy is questionable even by trick cyclkists.
  • Posted

did you have neurosis tests done?
    • Posted

Do you mean like through a psychiatrist? I haven’t seen one yet no. I do have super high levels of anxiety..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.