Feel like I'm not here 24/7 really scaring me

Posted , 10 users are following.

Literally at times my hands don't even feel like there my hands it's so scary I don't no what to do . Every time I'm stood up I feel weird and detached I only feel half normal when I am lay in bed anyone else no what I'm talking about ?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Funny feeling I got lying in bed, I have had it before but not for years, feels like I am made of iron or stone, though I can move if I want to, all my nerves feel diiferant, as if I am not made of flesh but something really hard and heavy.
  • Posted

Oh my god I feel this and have been for two years. I'm so out of it like I'm not even me like I went somewhere and my body is just moving on its own I feel trapped in my head and the ONLY time I feel somwhat normal is in my bed watching tv. Please pm me I haven't found anyone who felt the same as me I'd love to talk about it with you 

• Posted

i know how you feel. the only time im present is when im asleep or dreaming. otherwise im not here at all. been like this since i was 13 i cant hamdle it anymore. i have conversations with people but im just not present.

• Edited

Hi I have gone through stages like that and it is horrible.  You don't say whether you are diagnosed with depression or anything?  If you haven't been then get yourself rto the doctors and get some treatment.

Try and distract yourself and do something like washing the dishes,  go to the shops,  anything just to take your mind off it.  It will pass so hold on to that.

Also google mindfullness which might be able to help as well.  Take care,  you are not alone.

• Edited

Hi thanks for the comment and yes I'm diagnosed with depression and anxiety but these new symptoms are more of a detached feeling I'm in the process of having some therapy but I can't cope with these feelings it's more or less 24 hours a day I don't feel like I'm me if that makes sense I started taking sertreline 2 weeks ago 50mg I was on them last year but stopped taking them for a year

• Posted

Sean

Have you seen your GP regards these feeling you suffer from ?.

You need to discuss your concerns and get help. 

Has your GP arranged any tratment for you ?

BOB

• Posted

i feel like im not here i feel like im on autopilot. i cant feel anything i want someone to hit me. maybe that would wake me up

• Posted

hi Sean, I hope you don't mind me commenting, but I've woken up today feeling like I'm not here I just don't feel right. I've had mental illness for many years and I know it's part of this the more im thinking of it the more it's happening, I know I'm bringing this on ( I'm not suggesting you are ) i'm glad to see you are going to be seeking some therapy, it really will help. Getting out in the fresh ( long walk) usually helps me to or read a book or do some meditation. I'm not a health professional but as I say I've had this for years and these are things I do to manage it. I really wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.