Feel like I need to go hospital .

Posted , 4 users are following.

I can never tell the difference between anxiety and if I Actually have something wrong with me.  Usually with anxiety it goes away but I have been feeling weird all day. Right now my heart is beating fast and I feel like I can't breath so well. When I stand up I feel like I'm going to fall. When I woke up this morning it felt like I was shaking/electric shock go through my body. My head feels heavy and tingly and I get hot then cold and I've been having mucous in the back of my throat, stomach ache - idk a whole bunch of things. It doesn't feel like anxiety but all my loved ones I'm with says it is. I'm really scared. I don't know how to tell if it's serious or not. I don't know if I should go to the hospital or not.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It does sound like anxiety Whitney.  I know it's hard to comprehend but anxiety and panic can bring on a whole lot of feelings and symptoms which are physical and can mimic illness.  The heart racing and breathlessness is a dead give away, I get that often.  The shaking and eletric shock is also a severe symtom of anxiety and the hot and cold, it's pure fear and panic.  Have you been to the doctors and are you getting any help for it?

For me the only thing that has worked is an anti depressant.  I did have therapy to start with but it didn't help and even he recommended I start meds.  There is a whole lot of bad publicity out there for meds but let me tell you I feel exactly me.  Just a calmer version of me.  It doesn't have a tranquilising effect, it hasn't dulled my personality, I feel more alive than I did when I was suffering and I still feel normal emotions.  

• Posted

What meds do you take louise1974? If you don't mind me asking. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I went to urgent care (doctor office not hospital) and waited about 2 hours to see the dr and they said I was fine (of course). They said I sounded a bit dehydrated and had some fluid in my ear(don't know what that means) but that I was okay and it was probably just amxiety. I have gone to the dr, I have been in therapy for 3 months now. But my therapist has been on vacation so I haven't seen Her in 2 and a half weeks, and don't get to until Jan 13 sad. I also am taking ssri and hydroxyzine for panic attacks or acute anxiety, those help. Thanks for the tips and reassurance. So glad to hear you feel great! How long did you have anxoety before you started feeling normal again 
  • Posted

I am so sorry Whitney sounds like you are having a bad time at the moment.

I too have been really scared for many weeks and at times have wanted to rush off to hospital where I hoped they would look after me and make sure that nothiing bad happened. I have been paralysed with fear.

I have been to and fro to the GP surgery and seeking out constant re-assurance so I know how you feel. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.